CNC (Lasers, Routers, Etc)

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Rearranged? They're glued into place, and I'm going to grout it tonight.

Right now I'm just using clear coat. Not sure what else to try and I'm trying to avoid epoxy.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
You'd have to do that as just the tile service part, no way would it be worthwhile to make & ship the wood too

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
You'd have to do that as just the tile service part, no way would it be worthwhile to make & ship the wood too
I don't even know if it'd be worth it to sell these things period. 30 - 60 hours of engraving, $20-$80 in wood, probably $15-$20 in misc supplies like nails, stain, grout, tiles, etc. And I'm already a lot faster on the 2nd one, but probably 8 hours total in labor.

My carpentry isn't good enough to charge for what goes into it. *I* sure do like them, though. ;)

Kais

<Gold Donor>
tenor.gif

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't even know if it'd be worth it to sell these things period. 30 - 60 hours of engraving, $20-$80 in wood, probably $15-$20 in misc supplies like nails, stain, grout, tiles, etc. And I'm already a lot faster on the 2nd one, but probably 8 hours total in labor.

My carpentry isn't good enough to charge for what goes into it. *I* sure do like them, though. ;)

You absolutely could sell it as a rustic/niche item I'm sure. Like was said earlier, something like an EQ map table, some fancy imagery from Warcraft lore (like stratholme or something) and I'm sure there would be a ton of people who would be interested.

That said, downside is depending on the niche its not hard to get noticed & given one of those nasty cease and desists by a lawyer.

Another interesting idea if you ever wanted to take kind of hobby work into a full time gig, sell it as a kit. While shipping a full on table is too much material, you could easily sell in a flat shipping box, 4 1/4" walls (like a picture frame) that fit/glue together, and the tile design that fits into it. Like a DIY train/car/plane kit type thing, let the customer handle assembly and as long as the materials can be relatively flat/compact, shipping boxes aren't more than a few bucks. If they wanted to put it on something higher like a table centerpiece or something, they'd just have to get creative

Edit: Further comedy idea, make something like a 9x9 (or 3x3) with one tile missing, and turn it into a sliding puzzle with some hilariously inapropriate artwork that makes no sense until you get it all in place and tada, a giant dick (or whatever)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
You absolutely could sell it as a rustic/niche item I'm sure.
Talked to a few people that think it's very possibly to sell these types of things in the high hundreds if I get a little better at making the tables. Whelp I guess I'll get a little more serious about working on this.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I’m not sure the kind of suburban housewife that would be buying those types of tables would also be buying tables with a mosaic of firiona vie’s fat titties on top of it.
You saying I should make the table out of pizza boxes?

• 1Truth!

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Which one of these engraved into a table do you guys think would be more likely to fetch $1,000??

1621616633752.png

1621616651654.png

• 1Worf

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
thats why I made most of my shit out of 3mm MDF. Could get a 4x8 sheet for $11, long as it doesn't get wet works great & easy to paint.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I didn't stain anything, simple enough. I painted one board solid red and burned in some black artwork on a 3d model and looked great

• 1Like