Last Minute Unplanned Vacations

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I have the next week off. My wife and I have no plans. We don't even care where we go as long as it's warm (50+ degrees).

Is there any kind of service that searches for ridiculously cheap last minute flights to warm places?

I've tried:

Skyscanner - Compare Cheap Flights, Hotels Car Hire(They brought up some bogus searches, the results that came up promised $200 flights but were really $1000...)
KAYAK Explore - see where you can go for how much(Couldn't find shit here either).

I've never looked for this kind of thing, is it just slim-pickings because it's Christmas season?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, terrible time to be trying to fly last minute. Probably the worst week of the year.

Obtenor_sl

shitlord
If you're staying in the states I'd say SoCal. I used to go to Florida all the time for xmas and it was so packed from east coast people it was so hard to find a hotel.

Hotwire actually has great rates for RIGHT NOW. If you make a hotel reservation the week before you'll get crap prices; but if you do it the same day or the previous one you get 60% discounts and shit.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Hotwire, Onetravel, Cheapoair, Orbitz, Expedia. Depending on where you fly, it can be cheap. Costa Rica is very cheap right now and it's warm.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah it's always been easy to find cheap hotels from priceline. I'm thinking we're driving if we go anywhere. Only reason we're travelling now is because I'll lose a bunch of vacation time at the end of the year.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Drive to New Orleans then. Around a 17 hour drive. Pretty easy if you drive in shifts.