LastPass - PSA Change your master password

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Time to change your master password, LastPass was hacked

Password-management service LastPass announced today that it "discovered and blocked suspicious activity" on its network on Friday. While the company says that there is no evidence that user vault data (a user's stored passwords) was taken or that accounts were accessed, it did acknowledge that user email addresses, authentication hashes, password reminders and server per user salts were compromised. LastPass is confident that its encryption is strong enough to make attacking those stolen hashes with any speed difficult. But yeah, if you're a LastPass customer you should change your password. Even though LastPass recommends you change your password if you have a weak master password or use that password on multiple sites, you really should change your master password -- and switch on multifactor authentication -- just in case.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I hadn't changed mine in a year so went ahead and did so. Appreciate the heads up. I love lastpass, its an awesome service.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thanks!

If you aren't already I highly recommend enabling two factor authentication with Lastpass. Also the good news about this hack is whoever did it still has to de-encrypt each password individually.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I did the same. I wasn't doing the two factor authentication before but I enabled it now.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
This has nothing to do with the thread topic. I was just thinking about PIN passwords.
They're so common in most devices and password required apps anymore.

How did you come up with your 4-digit PIN number? For my phone unlock and voicemail PIN, I use a weird combination of my old ICQ number. It's random enough that I doubt anyone would be able to guess it.

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This has nothing to do with the thread topic. I was just thinking about PIN passwords.

How did you come up with your 4-digit PIN number? For my phone unlock and voicemail PIN, I use a weird combination of my old ICQ number. It's random enough that I doubt anyone would be able to guess it.
Nice try hackerman...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>