Lawbreakers PC multiplayer FPS

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I just got into the Alpha for Lawbreakers. It's on the 22nd, and 23rd to test a new game mode.

I didn't see a thread about it so, I guess I start one.

It's a new game in development from Cliff Bleszinski of Unreal Tournament and Gears of War fame. It looks similar to Overwatch with classes, just 5 so far though but more realistic graphics.

Launch Trailer.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well I lasted a out an hour before I was back in Overwatch.
smile.png

This is way too twitch for me, and requires way way better aim than I have.

Other than that, it seemed ok. I didn't like the graphics much, the character blended too much in the environment making it difficult to see. The game mode, wasn't very good.

It has 3 control point that you have to take, you get 1 point for each one you take. When all 3 are locked, they reset, first team to 13 wins. What I didn't like is that within 20 seconds of the match starting at least 2 points are locked right away, the fight is really just for the 3rd one. It wasn't really fun in my opinion. The map is pretty small too.

I guess people who enjoyed unreal tournament or quake arena might enjoy it. It has a similar feel, movement is pretty awesome.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
INVITE YOUR FRIENDS

Want to enlist some help? Bring two of your friends to join you in the LawBreakers Alpha test this week! You and your friends can follow the steps below to download and install the game.
Friend Alpha Key 1:

8MTP0-0HXFD-TPLV3

Friend Alpha Key 2:

ZKF60-XQ9F5-FPQL2
To download LawBreakers from Steam:
1. Launch the Steam client software and log in to your Steam account
2. Select "Games"
3. Select "Activate a Product on Steam" and enter your Steam product key to download the game
4. Watch the Tutorial Video to get an overview of the Roles and New Game Mode for this Alpha test:LawBreakers Turf War Overview Video - YouTube
5. Log in and join the Alpha test:
Starting: Thursday, July 28th at 9:00AM PDT
Ending: Sunday, July 31st at 6:00PM PDT

Enjoy whoever gets the keys.
smile.png

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thanks Val, snagged the first key. I've been following this a bit and am excited to see what they've got so far. Cliffy B is kind of a tool at least half the time, so hopefully he will be able to whip this into shape eventually
smile.png

spronk

FPS noob
played a few games today morning, its not bad and i found it fun enough but not really sure why I'd buy this over already owning Overwatch, Battlefield 1, Titanfall 2, Infinite Warfare, and Battlefront (by the time this comes out). All the rest have that 1 line hook that can at least make you go "well, I like that, might as well try it out". I don't see that hook yet for LB.

Praetorian

Golden Knight of the Realm
played a few games today morning, its not bad and i found it fun enough but not really sure why I'd buy this over already owning Overwatch, Battlefield 1, Titanfall 2, Infinite Warfare, and Battlefront (by the time this comes out). All the rest have that 1 line hook that can at least make you go "well, I like that, might as well try it out". I don't see that hook yet for LB.
The hook being its not made by EA or Blizzard should be enough.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's kind of fun but it is WAY alpha. Too hard to tell if it would be actually fun to play. I like their movement and the 1v1s feel pretty good, but it's too hard to tell opponents apart from teammates and that alone makes it difficult to enjoy

spronk

FPS noob
beta for the next 3 days (mar 16 - 19), here are 3 beta keys if anyone wants to try it. its a PC only multiplayer FPS, i just don't see a spot for this between overwatch and titanfall 2 tho

DANQ7-NKPR4-Q5P9D
9ZERB-GDELA-EXN4Y
X2L2C-LBHN0-09ZW3

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Two codes for anyone in need.

2B2XD-9205E-B7L6B
RPTGW-H0NTR-97KRG

Intropy

Shit Gamer
Looks like this is in open beta right now? I just tried it out for a couple of hours, had a ton of fun. Super fast paced, super twitch, tons of movement skills - kind of like Overwatch if every class was Genji with guns. Definitely going to be putting some more hours into this to see if it has some longevity.