Lawmen: Bass Reeves

kroenen

Regimen Morum
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Lawmen: Bass Reeves

Genre: Drama

First aired: 2023-11-05

Creator: Chad Feehan

Cast: David Oyelowo, Lauren E. Banks, Demi Singleton, Forrest Goodluck, Barry Pepper, Donald Sutherland, Dennis Quaid

Overview: The story of Bass Reeves, the legendary lawman of the wild West, is brought to life. Reeves worked in the post-Reconstruction era as a federal peace officer in the Indian Territory, capturing over 3,000 of the most dangerous criminals without ever being wounded – and is believed to be the inspiration for The Lone Ranger.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
14805-g5YvjqykQe2ZZK1C6qBXrM9EG1i.jpg

Title: Lawmen: Bass Reeves

Genre: Drama

Creator: Chad Feehan

Cast: David Oyelowo, Lauren E. Banks, Demi Singleton, Forrest Goodluck, Barry Pepper, Dennis Quaid, Grantham Coleman, Donald Sutherland

First aired: 2023-11-05

Overview: The story of Bass Reeves, the legendary lawman of the wild West, is brought to life. Reeves worked in the post-Reconstruction era as a federal peace officer in the Indian Territory, capturing over 3,000 of the most dangerous criminals without ever being wounded—and is believed to be the inspiration for The Lone Ranger.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Haven't watched any of this yet myself, but Bass Reeves is one of my favorite true stories from the Old West. He's always added in as a side on someone else's story tho when it comes to Westerns. Happy to see a series that focuses on him.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Watched the first episode. The show is definitely targeted towards black housewives lol, but it's pretty good. Some of the most realistic Civil War battle scenes I've ever seen in a Western.

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
I watched the first 2 episodes. I was hoping it would jump past all of the "origin story" crap.

Guess not. Pacing is already off.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I watched the first 2 episodes. I was hoping it would jump past all of the "origin story" crap.

Guess not. Pacing is already off.
It's a historical biopic series, I assume the origin story will be the entirety of it...

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
I was hoping it would be a Western. Like a black "Justified" with a basis in history.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Pretty decent show. A lot better than the Yellowstone spinoff shows. Only thing I dont like is each episode basically takes a big time jump so far.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database