Leisure Suit Larry reboot

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Neat.

If Al Lowe is involved in it, I'll buy it. I love the old Sierra crew and (nearly) everything they made. Too bad Ken Williams got out of the business.

So, so many hours playing the "Quest" games.

Ken's living it up these days in early retirement, sailing all over the world.

http://www.kensblog.com/

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I think I played every Sierra game made from the early 80s to about 1992 or so. Had an old Tandy computer from Radio Shack, and they were about the only games that I could ever get to consistently work on it. Always enjoyed some of the stranger games and 1-offs, like the Manhunter series, Gold Rush, Gabriel Knight, and the Dynamix games like A-10 Tank Killer, Red Baron, etc.

Basically spent my childhood playing those much more so than my consoles. Would love to see a new Space Quest or Police Quest, or hell, what's Roberta Williams doing? We could use a new Kings Quest or Phantasmagoria

Sterling

El Presidente
I had a Tandy 1000 myself. Loved the Sierra games in general as well. Would love to see this game work out.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
Loved all the Sierra stuff. I'd kill to see the King's Quest, Space Quest, and Quest for Glory games get redone. Just so long as they only updated them and left the game/stories alone.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Loved all the Sierra stuff. I'd kill to see the King's Quest, Space Quest, and Quest for Glory games get redone. Just so long as they only updated them and left the game/stories alone.
These are free remakes with only slight additions/changes to the stories but nothing that should inhibit your enjoyment of the games
smile.png

http://www.agdinteractive.com/games/games.html

rrr_img_1452.jpg

smile.png

rrr_img_1452.jpg

I'd prefer a Police Quest, but I'll buy this too. I spoke to Al Lowe by email a year or two ago. I sent him a huge drunken rambling message about how the industry sucks balls and I miss the good ole days and amazingly he replied. He was very complementary too about some of the stuff I said, he seems like a super nice guy. It was bittersweet though because as much as I enjoyed talking to him, it was also quite sad because I got the impression he was just yet another talented game dev from the 80's and early 90's who was squeezed out by the industry and replaced with big-cheese dick holes in suits who don't care about quality games one bit, they only care about mass producing whatever will sell, preferably with minimal investment.

But since then....... Kickstarter! <3

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
All of those games are classics and I'd love to see reboots of them. Go back and play them on a emulator if you can and see how much more hand holding gets done these days.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
This brings back memories of playing the first KQ game and having that damn rock crush you at the start...
redface.png

redface.png

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
Damn, i completely forgot about the Quest games. And Phantasmagoria.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Had an old Tandy computer from Radio Shack,
haha, me too. I had three games for it. Sim City, Sim Ant and some Star Trek game.

Eventually though, using a super-secret boot disk method, I was able to play Xcom and Master of Magic, too (And I played those games for years, heh)

Nendyen_sl

shitlord
I've tried all the AGD remakes so far and they're really good. The only complaint I'd have with them was some of the voice acting was not the best (King Graham mostly, his was not the highest quality voicework). The games themselves are really well done though and the new parts they added in to flesh out the stories a bit work great. I haven't played much of their QFG2 remake yet, but enjoying it so far as well. Transferring a character from the QFG1 VGA to the AGD remake of QFG2 worked fine for me.

I really wish someone would release a KQ4 remake (a few are in the works supposedly) and a Colonel's Bequest remake. Definitely gonna grab the LSL remake.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Been enjoying the larry remake, it's probably been about 13 years, so between the changes to the game and also not remembering how to solve the puzzles I've been entertained. Worth my kickstarter money.