1. So I have finally brought a new discord online and brought all the other ones to it. Guest please join us there for chat!

Once you click chat and join the sever you can link your Discord to the forum and get all the permissions you have here. Click here to link accounts.

Dismiss Notice
  2. So we want to start branching out to Twitch and YouTube and get the community out there.

If you have a Twitch stream or YouTube and want to get involved message suineg
    Dismiss Notice

Letterkenny

Discussion in 'TV House' started by cabbitcabbit, May 13, 2016.

1. DONOR

cabbitcabbit
    Ratings:
    +264
    Rating: 4.50/5 - 2 Votes
    esAfULPmvwLbMvQmHQndIkwOWcB.jpg
    Letterkenny

Genre: Comedy

First Aired: 2016-02-07

Overview: Letterkenny follows Wayne, a good-ol’ country boy in Letterkenny, Ontario trying to protect his homegrown way of life on the farm, against a world that is constantly evolving around him. The residents of Letterkenny belong to one of three groups: Hicks, Skids, and Hockey Players. The three groups are constantly feuding with each other over seemingly trivial matters; often ending with someone getting their ass kicked.

Canadian show about a hicktown in Ontario. Wrapped up a 6 episode first season and got upped for a second. Anyone else catch it? Very dry and quick witted.

#1 cabbitcabbit, May 13, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2016
  2. Northerner Member

Northerner
    Ratings:
    +9
    I thought it was incredibly funny but then again, I grew up in Ontario and have been to many a hick town there. Some things never change!

I don't know how funny people will find it in general though but I enjoyed.

3. Khane Doesn't know about marriage

Khane
    Ratings:
    +1,126
    I'm a yankee born and raised and thought it was pretty funny. I like quick, sharp sarcasm.

4. Rezz Registered Orca
    DONOR

Rezz
    Ratings:
    +490
    It's pretty goddamn hilarious. I discovered it from a youtube video someone linked about "fuck I could watch kids falling off bikes all day; I don't give a shit about your kids" scene, and followed the rabbit-hole until I had seen the entire first season. Pretty much non-stop laughs.

5. Teddite New Member

Teddite
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've only watched a few episodes so far. I really enjoyed the first two, but didn't like the third one at all. I'll keep going with hope that the Fartbook episode was an exception.

6. DONOR

elcaro1101
    Ratings:
    +249
    The possum church scene at the start of Ep5 is hillarious.

Most of the show is pretty good, but agree that the Fartbook episode was meh at best overall.

7. Grimmlokk Well-Known Member

Grimmlokk
    Ratings:
    +106
    Show was hilarious. Fartbook was definitely a departure and the low point of the 6 episodes.

Binged all 6 in a row with a friend after sending him that cold open from above.

8. DONOR

cabbitcabbit
    Ratings:
    +264
    The ostrich running gag had to be my favorite. How everyone just gets real quiet every time it's brought up.

9. Rezz Registered Orca
    DONOR

Rezz
    Ratings:
    +490
    Allegedly.

10. DONOR

cabbitcabbit
    Ratings:
    +264
    Well it would take more than one guy to fuck an ostrich...

11. Chanur Man With No Name
    SUPER DONOR

Chanur
    Ratings:
    +3,044
    Where are you guys watching this ?

12. Northerner Member

Northerner
    Ratings:
    +9
    On my computer (well, streamed to the television) like most shows. It's available from the usual places.

13. Grimmlokk Well-Known Member

Grimmlokk
    Ratings:
    +106
    The payoff for the fat friend's "Why I appreciates ya" runner was great.

14. DONOR

Heylel
    Ratings:
    +235
    A worthy successor to Trailer Park Boys.

15. Hekotat FoH nuclear response team
    DONOR

Hekotat
    Ratings:
    +1,539
    I was coming here to see if this had been posted yet, I just watched all the promos on YouTube and I'm dying. I'm going to have to watch these.

16. Voyce Well-Known Member

Voyce
    Ratings:
    +174
    Looks good, I'll try to check it out.

17. Rezz Registered Orca
    DONOR

Rezz
    Ratings:
    +490
    The only problem with watching this show in the legal sense is that it is on some random ass canadian stream deal that you cannot get in the states. Crave TV is kind of blocked by US service providers or something, and while I would totally toss them money they apparently don't want yankee ass Tubman/Jackson bills.

Sad times.

18. Voyce Well-Known Member

Voyce
    Ratings:
    +174
    I caught all 6, I thought they were good, agreed that Fartbook wasn't as good as the others.

I had to sit through several seasons of Trailer Park Boys, and I was never really into it, possibly because I don't smoke.

I like the hicks as protagonists and their general interactions, and that they're stand up type of people.

19. Void It's so fluffy!!
    SUPER DONOR

Void
    Ratings:
    +864
    Really enjoyed this show, particularly the matter of fact way they did everything, which of course came off as hilarious. I really like Wayne, he's awesome, and they picked a perfect girl for Katy. I love when she just shows up out of nowhere wearing next to nothing and Wayne tells her to put some clothes on, and she tells him it really isn't her forte.

The two ambiguously gay hockey bros occasionally got a little boring for me, but I understand that part of their schtick was taking things way beyond where they needed to go. The skids didn't really do much for me except when the one guy would randomly talk in his death metal voice, but they needed to be there as well I guess. It wouldn't be as much fun if the hicks just interacted with other hicks all day I suppose.

20. Grimmlokk Well-Known Member

Grimmlokk
    Ratings:
    +106
    Hockey bros got better every episode. Really grew on us.

You gotta go bardownski!

TV Show information in first post provided by The Movie Database