Life (2017)

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
The movie was OK, slightly better than average. However, it gets big points from me just for the ending. it was nice not to have a telegraphed feel good ending

My thoughts exactly. It was the higher end of average. The 'character building' was a little too serious and long winded and the 'firewalls' were just lulzy. They made zero sense. Once they realized this cell sized organisms had grown like a trillian times its original mass in a day, they should have noped that sample into the sun.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Once they realized this cell sized organisms had grown like a trillian times its original mass in a day, they should have noped that sample into the sun.
The damn lab should have been able ejectable from the space station.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I can't even remember, it was so illogical my brain scambled. Was that a flame thrower or like a plasma cutter or second that they fumbled while unzipping cripple's leg?

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ending was nice to see but I was hoping they would have the "Fourth Firewall" which was going to be a nuclear missile touching down 20 seconds after the capsule landed.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
I thought the ending was definitely telegraphed. Overall it wasn't bad, but if definitely made you appreciate the alien from the Alien franchise.

when the pods were falling i said, if they show the pod land and don't end the movie before, it's the wrong pod.

Argarth

On the verandah
Sorry for the necro, but this only just came to Netflix in Oz, and I'd never heard of it before, heh.

Enjoyed it whole lot. No punches were pulled, and really liked the ending.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Sorry for the necro, but this only just came to Netflix in Oz, and I'd never heard of it before, heh.

Enjoyed it whole lot. No punches were pulled, and really liked the ending.

yeah it really wasn't a bad movie at all. not sure why it didn't do very well

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Super alien that was too unrealistic for audiences to believe in
Plot was in too small of an area on a current day space station and not a Mars outpost or moon base
Scientists doing dumb things
No futuristic space marines
No tits

Unkillable alien substitutes for standard unkillable horror baddie.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Thought this was ok but not great. For all their firewall procedures they acted like rere's for the majority of this movie. After losing half the crew and noticing it cocoons around flares why didnt they just encapsulate it like they did in the final act escape pods but in a container? Jettison it into the sun. Life support pod from the inside (so it cant crush it's way out) also works. When it was outside of the hull and girl person was sacrificing herself just hold onto it and launch off into deep space. So many solutions that werent complete garbage.
Having said that though, they made it nigh impervious to all physical and elemental harm which was just ludicrous. Hard to have emotional ties when the bad guy has no weaknesses. It's like watching superman nuke babies. You stop caring because you know its superman.