Life is Feudal MMO

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
I thought about getting this, but I dont like the price tag for a early access game. *edit - The price is 40 bucks, and includes access to their alpha servers when their MMO testing begins. So 20 for the 64 player servers, 20 for alpha MMO access.

If 10-20 of you are on board, it may be some fun.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I thought about getting this, but I dont like the price tag for a early access game. *edit - The price is 40 bucks, and includes access to their alpha servers when their MMO testing begins. So 20 for the 64 player servers, 20 for alpha MMO access.

If 10-20 of you are on board, it may be some fun.
Where does this factor in?

From the FAQ on their site:

Q: Is this game going to be free?
A: Likely, no. Currently we're planning to use combination of b2p (buy to play) and f2p (free to play) models. You will be able to download the client for free and stay on the newbie island for as long as you wish. But the newbie island will be wiped of changes everyday and your skillcap on the newbie island is 150. You can read more about newbie island mechanics here. Leaving the newbie island will require some amount of special ingame currency which can be bought with real life funds. That special ingame currency can be spent later on some vanity items in our ingame shop.
We are introducing entry fee only for the purpose of protecting the player's community from cheaters/harassment that may be possible in many ways in sandbox games like ours. That does not mean that we won't implement anti-harassment gameplay mechanisms and anti cheat measures. Although you might loose your funds you have spent on that game if you receive a ban. This works as a good reason to behave accordingly and not to push limits.

Valos

LIF:YO OWNERS WILL RECEIVE SOME PREMIUM CURRENCY IN LIF:MMO :: Life is Feudal: Your Own General Discussions

"LIF:YO OWNERS WILL RECEIVE SOME PREMIUM CURRENCY IN LIF:MMO
Subject says it all. All LiF:YO owners will receive LiF:MMO currency which later can be used to purchase ticket for one character (aka get into the game). To read more about planned MMO payment model check that thread:Life is Feudal View topic - Important Poll

MMO TESTS ARE NOT GOING ATM. We plan to resume them after we fix bugs and crashes in LiF:YO and make it overally finished game, so we can step forward for MMO version."

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Kaige that is the MMO version of the game which is not out. The game out is a fully persistent server set up works just the same as minecraft.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
working out the kinks now on getting dedicated server set up if anyone is interested. Wish they would lower the price, more people would be willing to give this a shot at $20 but even at $40 I think it's the current top seller on Steam

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
anyone that's played dayz wanna chime in on this? hows the combat?

this just looks to good to be true a mount + blade type combat (chivalry deadliest warrior rawrrr) with dayz survival aspects yummmmm

kinda got hella burned on the SA of dayz, so ive slowed my roll on dishing out for alphas / early access right now, im too much of a sucker for getting into alphas and trying stuff out way before release.

iannis

Musty Nester
I just don't trust this early access trend. Obviously in their position I would offer it as well. You'd be stupid not to. But I'm not in their position, I'm in mine. And I just don't trust it.

I was interested in this when I saw it on steam until I saw the early access tag.

Valos

I am fine with "early access" if the game I'm able to play is fun and can force the dollar/hour spent into a great ratio, eg. Rust. But for 40 dollars I'd need some great hijinks with the rerolled crew to make that ratio up. It seems like it could be alot fun with a large amount of us.

Hathe

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm in, Blazin. Valos, I picked up the game a few days ago but haven't had time to play. What time usually works for you?

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm in, Blazin. Valos, I picked up the game a few days ago but haven't had time to play. What time usually works for you?
I PM'd you, we have a little settlement started it can be tough getting started still learning how things work. Try to settle near a clay pit and water makes life easier. All around the south base of the main mountain is good area

Valos

I saw you pick it up Hathe, I just dont know if I want to get into it with just 3-5 of us. Needs more rerolled.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
This looks OK, but it almost looks overly complicated and tedious to make things when compared to Minecraft. Hopefully it will get a bit more streamlined as it goes.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
This looks OK, but it almost looks overly complicated and tedious to make things when compared to Minecraft. Hopefully it will get a bit more streamlined as it goes.
Definitely difficult without group effort, tasks are time consuming and can be overwhelming solo