Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
1.00 star(s) Rating: 1.00/5 6 Votes
Title: Lightyear (2022)

Genre: Animation, Family, Science Fiction

Director: Angus MacLane

Cast: Chris Evans

Release: 2022-06-16

Plot: The definitive origin story of the original Buzz Lightyear that reveals how the young test pilot became the space ranger he is today, the film will be the same crowd-pleasing action film that started the Buzz Lightyear toy line in the Toy Story universe.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
no Tim Allen? Pixar has never done this before. they never changed a beloved voice actor while they were still alive. i guess they coudnt tolerate his freedom loving and trump supporting.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
no Tim Allen? Pixar has never done this before. they never changed a beloved voice actor while they were still alive. i guess they coudnt tolerate his freedom loving and trump supporting.

This movie is some weird shit, cause it seems futuristic? but is also the origin story of the man who inspired the in universe TV show that inspired the toy.

But Disney has said Tim Allen is still the voice of the toy, Buzz Lightyear, if they were to ever use him again and he wanted the job (Tim did not do the voice of Buzz in Buzz Lightyear of Star Command, but that was back before they paid movie voice actors to do TV shows)

Caliane

Pseudo-realism is odd. Otherwise I think its a fine idea for kids. I wonder if the cartoon series canon will figure in at all.

Also wonder if there will be a pullback, like lego movie. This movie is just some kid playing his PS 5 gritty reboot with better graphics of Buzz lightyear the game.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This movie is some weird shit, cause it seems futuristic? but is also the origin story of the man who inspired the in universe TV show that inspired the toy.

But Disney has said Tim Allen is still the voice of the toy, Buzz Lightyear, if they were to ever use him again and he wanted the job (Tim did not do the voice of Buzz in Buzz Lightyear of Star Command, but that was back before they paid movie voice actors to do TV shows)
yeah , no, the toy is going to have the same voice as the person its based on. thats why buzz in the video game in Toy Story 2 has the same voice. thats why same movie when they showed the clip from Woody's Roundup, the voice of Woody was still Tom Hanks. they dun goofed big time.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I think the timeline issue is best solved by Buzz leaving our solar system and a majority of this film takes place elsewhere. If not this, then yea, idk.
Also hard to explain such a futuristic craft that can slingshot the sun - unless it's not our Sun? Perhaps he's trying to get back to Earth?
Anyway, right now the timeline feels very disconnected.

Voice actor change does scream political motivation. But I do consider the characters different, so not a huge issue for me.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
is tim allen dead? no

is buzz aldrin dead? no

buzz-aldrin-punches-moon-landing-conspiracy-theorist.gif

you had one chance to use the real life voice of the astronaut the toy was based on, and you pick faggot america instead.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
yeah , no, the toy is going to have the same voice as the person its based on. thats why buzz in the video game in Toy Story 2 has the same voice. thats why same movie when they showed the clip from Woody's Roundup, the voice of Woody was still Tom Hanks. they dun goofed big time.
That's why I said it was weird. Buzz in the game is based on Buzz the toy, which is based on the TV show. Woody the toy is based on Woody the TV show.

This movie is about the man that the TV show is based on. It is 2 levels removed from the Toy.

Tim Allen has been a right wing drug dealer for his entire career with disney, i don't think they have any problem still using him.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I think the timeline issue is best solved by Buzz leaving our solar system and a majority of this film takes place elsewhere. If not this, then yea, idk.
Also hard to explain such a futuristic craft that can slingshot the sun - unless it's not our Sun? Perhaps he's trying to get back to Earth?
Anyway, right now the timeline feels very disconnected.

Voice actor change does scream political motivation. But I do consider the characters different, so not a huge issue for me.
Are you questioning how they have a futuristic craft that can slingshot the sun...about toys? It’s all make believe, they can have space ships that do whatever they want.

I hope they replace him with the “To Infinity?” black chick at the end.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That's why I said it was weird. Buzz in the game is based on Buzz the toy, which is based on the TV show. Woody the toy is based on Woody the TV show.

This movie is about the man that the TV show is based on. It is 2 levels removed from the Toy.

Tim Allen has been a right wing drug dealer for his entire career with disney, i don't think they have any problem still using him.
apparently they did because they replaced him with an america hating asshole extremist. and no its not weird, its deliberate. the toy would be based on the person so the person would have the same voice as the toy. the voice of Woody in Toy Story was based off the voice of Woody in Woody's Roundup. thats a "real person" in the pixar world. anyway, doesnt matter. the damage is done now. they put up 2 false endings in the last 2 movies, the Toy Story franchise is dead and gone. might as well dance on the corpse at this point.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
apparently they did because they replaced him with an america hating asshole extremist. and no its not weird, its deliberate. the toy would be based on the person so the person would have the same voice as the toy. the voice of Woody in Toy Story was based off the voice of Woody in Woody's Roundup. thats a "real person" in the pixar world. anyway, doesnt matter. the damage is done now. they put up 2 false endings in the last 2 movies, the Toy Story franchise is dead and gone. might as well dance on the corpse at this point.
tim allen has a youtube channel, aside from a few random clips, it is dedicated to ONE hot rod, that he has been building for over three years

first video

think i'm joking that he hired a dedicated girl just to film this process?
80a62e23763e048e34fc9e37a5447fa8.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Are you questioning how they have a futuristic craft that can slingshot the sun...about toys? It’s all make believe, they can have space ships that do whatever they want.

I hope they replace him with the “To Infinity?” black chick at the end.
No, I don't care about the fictional craft.
But a futuristic earth and Toy Story set in the 90s means there is a bit of a timeline problem here.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
tim allen has a youtube channel, aside from a few random clips, it is dedicated to ONE hot rod, that he has been building for over three years

first video

think i'm joking that he hired a dedicated girl just to film this process?
80a62e23763e048e34fc9e37a5447fa8.jpg
yeah, hes been on jay Leno's channel a few times. good for him, its a nice rod. he should have left it the way he found it and just repaired the broken stuff.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
yeah, hes been on jay Leno's channel a few times. good for him, its a nice rod. he should have left it the way he found it and just repaired the broken stuff.
i think he's going partial electric or hybrid now, it just doesn't end

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database