Living Arrangements for Grandparents, Disabled, or Otherwise Included Family Members

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
It depends on how much care you need. My grandad was only $3000 a month at first, but then they had to upgrade his care and Surprise! Doubling your rates. And yeah, hopefully you will never need long term care, my grandmother is 89 and still living alone although we are getting someone to come in and help her a few times a week. On the other hand, my neighbor had a major back injury followed by a broken leg and wound up in a home at 60. Luckily he is a veteran but that would have probably destroyed his ranch if he didn't have VA coverage.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Have them rob a bank. After you get added to the checking and savings accounts.
Oh and make sure they do not rob their bank.

W

Wrathcaster

I really need to stop posting here after drinks. Considering the coherency this time, I can't complain. The PM's, however, were disturbing, even by my standards.

That being said, the "legal disclaimer" was to forestall discussion of legal considerations applying in other countries as far as incapacity/insurance/etc. that don't concern what I assume is probably the majority of posters here. Mainly wanted to hear from people in the US what their plans were considering the state and federal law implications to any decisions made on behalf of elderly family members.

That that being said, it was very weirdly worded and I recognize it seems like some kind of strange declaration of, what? Forum law? I'm all for hearing from people outside the US as to their plans, as I know a lot of people here aren't from the states, just so long as people here can understand the differences in legal concerns and how the suggestions of others can be pragmatically applied to their own particular situation.

EDIT: I've edited the disclaimer to better reflect the purposes of the thread and the reason for applying US laws.