Local Co-Op/2player Onscreen Games

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Basically Double Dragon/Contra

apparently you can't search for 2 player games anymore or say Co-Op, b/c they give you results where you play multiplayer over two xboxs or some shit.

Nope, just 2ppl on a couch looking at one screen, i guess splitscreen would be ok, what you got?

played this over the weekend w/ wife, it was fun, voice acting was horrible, story was stupid, all i can say is, it actually wraps up nicely.
header.jpg

played it on PC w/ 360 controllers, if we're gonna do more of this i guess i'll be getting a pair of these for the switch

61wqcKbgmAL._SX425_.jpg

so it can be bearable.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Yeah it's been my go to since it launched though steam has gotten a lot better when searching for games that are controller capable and couch coop to use with steam link.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
playing a cute game called overcooked 2 now w/

looks like it'd be more fun w/ 4 players, i have 2 extra controllers just for it on the switch, but currently the ppl we know are console inept and i'd be aa tyrant (cuz it's like a raid, lulz)

previously played yarny2, eh it was "ok"

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Diablo 3 is the best couch co-op game I've probably ever played, strangely enough. The nemesis system on consoles is something I always wished came to PC too.

On Steam the newer Remote Play Together tag may be helpful since iirc those should all be 2+ player games on a single screen.

• 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>

looks like it'd be more fun w/ 4 players, i have 2 extra controllers just for it on the switch, but currently the ppl we know are console inept and i'd be aa tyrant (cuz it's like a raid, lulz)

Do not play this with drunken friends if you are a competitive gamer.

"CHOP THE FUCKING MEAT YOU RETARD, WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU".

I was told I made Gordon Ramsey look friendly.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Diablo 3 is the best couch co-op game I've probably ever played, strangely enough. The nemesis system on consoles is something I always wished came to PC too.

On Steam the newer Remote Play Together tag may be helpful since iirc those should all be 2+ player games on a single screen.
diablo3 was great on couch coop too, playing screen wasn't an issue, since if anyone was at the edge of the screen, it'd warp the other to you. What was annoying was when you pressed menu or did inventory you took up the whole screen, so the other player is just sitting there pulling up their phone doing nothing for a while, that was pretty shit, and broke immersion

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Children of Morta is a great one for co-op, especially with Remote Play.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member

I played this with my son and just ended up yelling at him because he sucks and remains incapable of doing progressive tasks.

I am Father of the Year, totally.

• 1Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Outward was pretty good if you're both hardcore

This game and, what was the other one with the pale, simpler aesthetic.....? Anyway they have the primary player able to access all aspects of the game and the co-op partner is just there as a sidekick and cannot do quests and shit. It's a fucking stupid way to do co-op and they should be ashamed for half-assing it so bad.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I think watching the entirety of this trailer gave me real brain damage and PTSD, but I am going to send this link to my buddy that I typically co-op game with and see what he thinks. I am intrigued.

It is likely the most underrated game of all time, the gameplay loop is perfect, the progression keeps you playing, and the narrator is up there with darkest dungeon.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Co-op games that my daughter played extensively with me/friends was Rayman Legends, Overcooked 2 and Minecraft.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
My wife and I do a lot of local co-op gaming. We've combed through dozens of shit games and found a couple gems.

100+ hours in this one. By far our favorite:

This one is even better on the switch, 60+ hours:

I liked this more than the wife did:

Fun, but there was a big skill jump that my wife couldn't hang with:

Fun beat-em up:

Really fun turn based RPG:

Roguelike:

Unique situation generator, lots of replay:

Trine series was fun for a while. Fantastic visuals, play this on mushrooms:

I may think of some more to add. Hope ya see something you like.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Nine Parchment's looks really fun. Reminds me of Magicka, FORCED, or Helldivers where you control movement and aim via 2 joysticks basically.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Nine Parchment's looks really fun. Reminds me of Magicka, FORCED, or Helldivers where you control movement and aim via 2 joysticks basically.
It is pretty badass. Friendly fire is on by default so it can get really hectic even with just 2 players. It's extra good for me and the wife because it balances out our skill difference really well. It's hard to find a game that is challenging enough to keep me interested while being easy enough for her to feel meaningful jumps in skill over time.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
finished overcooked 2, wife wanted to see what overcooked 1 was like, finished it fast.

if you're just getting into the series like me, skip overcooked 1, you can't throw your food and like the most difficult dish is like tomato, tomato, tomato.