Locke & Key

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Locke & Key

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Drama, Mystery

First aired: 2020-02-07

Creator: Joe Hill

Cast: Darby Stanchfield, Emilia Jones, Connor Jessup, Jackson Robert Scott, Laysla De Oliveira

Overview: Three siblings who move into their ancestral estate after their father's gruesome murder discover their new home's magical keys, which must be used in their stand against an evil creature who wants the keys and their powers.

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Not a very good use of the source material (comic books). I am impressed with Joe Hill (the author and Stephen King's son). He pushes and breaks through some serious boundaries as a horror novelist/author. Locke and Key the series, however, does not. It turns away from pure horror in favor of a teen drama/teen angst set in a supernatural setting / kind-of-but-not-haunted house where there are keys that do amazing things. And, given that, every character makes stupid decisions about them every chance they get. It's plodding and muddled and I felt like it was a chore watching it by episode five. But I persevered to the end. This series clearly lacked direction, had poor character development, shied away from horror and fell flat.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database