Lone Survivor

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Was a phenomenal book. Hopefully since Marcus was heavily involved, they didn't fuck it up too bad.

Would be cool if they did a movie based on American Sniper too. I worked with those guys (NSWTG in Iraq) quite a bit.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Peter Gabriels cover of Bowies Heroes is great. Movie looks good. Ill check it out.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
read the book, it was fucking awesome. if this movie comes even remotely close to the book it will be epic.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
amazing film and the sound effects are incredible...probably my new demo disc when I want to push my surround sound set up to the max

Scyfi

N00b
I watched the screener that is out and was a really good film. I am not sure why they chose to embellish on the ending like they did.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I am not sure why they chose to embellish on the ending like they did.
Peter Berg. The ending alterations had his fingerprints all over it. I'm surprised he was as restrained as he was, but given the non fiction nature of the whole narrative it makes it difficult to do too much.

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
Good Film, definitely takes me back to my days in Fallujah and the Zidon in Iraq.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Peter Berg. The ending alterations had his fingerprints all over it. I'm surprised he was as restrained as he was, but given the non fiction nature of the whole narrative it makes it difficult to do too much.
Decent movie but Peter Berg sure is no Ridley Scott. I wonder if there will ever be a war movie again that is as good as Blackhawk Down.

At the end of this movie I was half expecting the theme from Team America World Police to start playing as the AC130 was laying down the fire.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Like i said in the screener thread i really enjoyed this movie, but black hawk down makes me stop whatever im doing and watch it. Not sure this one can stand up to 20+ views.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
most Pashtun tribes, not all (Eastern AFG) practice pashtunwali. however it is not a completely Pashtun idea, the Tajiks as well as several other tribes have similar versions.

Pashtunwali oddly enough comes before Islam in their lives.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Movie was really good, only I'm confused why their downhill retreat included swandiving into rock faces. These are rock faces with big dropoffs and instead of walking to the edge and jumping off they...sumersault at the top and roll uncontrollably down and off the ledge?

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Movie was really good, only I'm confused why their downhill retreat included swandiving into rock faces. These are rock faces with big dropoffs and instead of walking to the edge and jumping off they...sumersault at the top and roll uncontrollably down and off the ledge?
the book makes it a little more clear, but while they were preparing to slide down they were blown off of position by a RPG. the second time down the rocks was just poor positioning on almost sheer rock faces. the movie made it appear to be a milder slope i believe.