Longmire

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Longmire

Genre: Western, Crime, Drama

First aired: 2012-06-03

Creator: John Coveny, Hunt Baldwin

Cast: Robert Taylor, Lou Diamond Phillips, Cassidy Freeman, Katee Sackhoff, Adam Bartley

Overview: A Wyoming sheriff rebuilds his life and career following the death of his wife. Based on the “Walt Longmire” series of mystery novels written by best-selling author Craig Johnson.

[SERIES][TVPOSTER]View attachment 98558[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Longmire[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Western[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2012-06-03[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]Longmire is a crime drama television series that is based on the "Walt Longmire" series of mystery novels written by best-selling author Craig Johnson. The show centers around Walt Longmire, a Wyoming county sheriff who returns to work after his wife's death. Assisted by his friends and his daughter, Longmire investigates major crimes within his jurisdiction, whilst campaigning for re-election.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Longmire Season 2,

I did not see a thread for this anyone else watching this?

Cheers.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I tried to watch this show, but only made it a few episodes into the first season. The guy acts like a huge pussy at random points. Like he's all choked up and can't talk when someone died, but he's been sheriff for how long? Did people not die before? Guy should be emotionally calloused on top of being male, and therefore taught as a child to be emotionally calloused. He actually cried in one of the first episodes when talking to someone about their loved one dying. I couldn't get into that. Men can cry, but it is implausible that he would.

tl;drtried it, but couldn't get into it.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I enjoy the show but won't watch S2 until it shows up on Netflix since in their infinite wisdom A&E only has the last two episodes available on their website and they're already up to the 3rd one.

@Agraza, disagree with the assessment that he should be calloused. There's an overall story at work that takes most of the season to reveal and Longmire is a very flawed man with some very bad demons that he keeps at bay. It's what kept me watching through S1.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I saw a preview for this during one of those pre-movie features some theaters do. It looked interesting until they started showing the supporting cast. As soon as they showed Lou Diamond Phillips my mind instantly relegated this show to a mediocre B-television level only worth watching once I get through everything else Netflix has to offer.

Agraza's post doesn't help things.

I saw a preview for this during one of those pre-movie features some theaters do. It looked interesting until they started showing the supporting cast. As soon as they showed Lou Diamond Phillips my mind instantly relegated this show to a mediocre B-television level only worth watching once I get through everything else Netflix has to offer.

Agraza's post doesn't help things.
Actually Phillips aint bad as the best friend and Bar owner as well as resident Indian.

Katie sackoff rocks as does the woman that plays his daughter.

They have torrents up for season 2 1-3 up on Pirate Bay.

Just watched all of season 1 the last 2 days on Netflix was really Impressed.

Walts character is really flawed and haunted but that is what also defines him.

Cheers.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
I thought season one wasn't bad, it's no Justified but I presume it was shown at this time last year so it was something new to watch at least in the current drought.

Whilst I have watched all 3 episodes so far, the opening episode of season 2 was hilariously bad. They couldn't have made him out any more to be a cartoon super hero. The reveal at the end of the third episode was pretty good though!

He survives walking all night in the dark in the fiercest storm ever, falls into a cold running stream which thankfully does nothing to fuck up either his gun or borrowed mobile phone, he walks down some dudes who were using a caterpillar tracked vehicle then wakes up from a brief coma and beats a grizzled prison con in a fistfight. Oh dear.

Goatface

watched maybe 1st half of season 1, liked most of the cast, just think it was tad to depressing. is it worth catching up on?

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
I actually love this show, and I don't tend to be a big series/TV watcher.

I am biased though as I absolutely love that part of the country more than any place I've ever been on earth and I'm fairly well traveled. The culture, attitude, and lifestyle is just so different than any other place. I can't compare it to anything other than some of the more remote places down in southern South America(Chile/Argentina).

Plus I really like the stoic, few words but meaningful message type of characters like the lead and Jean-Luc Picard from TNG

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i want to like Longmire. I really do. I have a crush on starbuck and I want to support her. but when I watch the show all I ever see is this.

will-ferrell-crying-630x380.jpg

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I tried to get into this show but I cannot suspend my dis-belief. WAY too much shit happens in this Podunk Town, it is like CSI Wyoming. They should have 1 Murder Case last the whole season that would be more believable.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
It would actually be better if it was 1-2 cases a season. The murder rate their is the highest in the nation lol.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Didn't know that
frown.png
Lame. The country-side looks like the high plains of Montana/Wyoming. I don't do research lol, I just watch it.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database