Looking for a MMORPG like Everquest circa 2000-2002 that is NOT ran by Darybreak Games

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Not one mention of the great, the original, open world MMO, Asheron's call...

That social pressure with TLP is something I am running in to right now honestly.

With the suspension of my two accounts from EQ, I am having a lot of thoughts of trying to finally cut the cord from EQ and move on with my life. Then every time I log back in to Discord, my friends and all my guildmates make me feel like an ass for even thinking about abandoning them. It's like trying to give up drugs, but still hanging out at the drug house. You ain't going to give it up for long.

It's not an addiction. It's just an unsettlingly large commitment of time. There is no addiction "problem". There is only a "people who did not properly block out humongous chunks of life in their dayrunners" problem and then bitch how they need a life. What the fuck did you think this was? This is New Jack City.
4sxdol.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Because it was closed down. Right after I paid $10 for lifetime membership.
I mean, technically they did give you a lifetime membership. My experience with AC was both fun and probably killed my interest in the game. Like most I started out having pretty much no idea where to go or where to spend my skillpoints, wandered into some dungeons and killed random enemies but no real progress. For no reason this group of, what i guess were high level players, came and powerleveled me for something like 5 hours through all this content that I had never seen before with the ridiculous buff system the game had. Then it was over and instead of being a low level with no idea what to do I was a higher level with no idea what to do but all the content appropriate for me would just murder me because I hadn't gone through the paces.

Then I played AC2 and sat around in a drum circle for hours at a time cause the combat in that game was omega ass.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
I still hang out with EQ pals on discord even though I don't play, and a lot of them no longer play, while others are still going hard. It's fine.

Hieromonk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Project Gorgon is what you are looking for, good couple months worth of just solo newb stuff to do, then you get into grping and raiding. And the only MMO where death is a skill that you lvl up and get rewards for doing so.
It’s a good game but still no match to Everquest in terms of everything , mobs / dungeon design / lore / the whole world

project gorgon don’t even have an underwater dungeon / underwater mob
I miss those blue color creepy goblin in the deep water that killed me from lakeoilmen , I was 12 years old and clueless what’s going on

Last edited:

Goonsquad Officer
Shards of dalaya is a pretty good eq remix, but it still has corrupt devs. Super deep raid tiers though