Looking for the name of a movie with another planet in the sky

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Upside Down

Tagline: Two worlds. One future.

Genre: Romance, Science Fiction, Drama, Fantasy

Director: Juan Diego Solanas

Cast: Kirsten Dunst, Jim Sturgess, Timothy Spall, James Kidnie, Holly Uloth, Blu Mankuma, Nicholas Rose, Vlasta Vrána, Kate Trotter, Janine Theriault, Vincent Messina, Cole K. Mickenzie, Paul Ahmarani, Carolyn Guillet, Jesse Sherman, Francis B. Goldberg, Francois Cote, Elliott Larson, Maurane Arcand, Heidi Hawkins, Don Jordan, Miranda Handford, Pablo Verón, Edward Langham, Holden Wong, Keir Cutler, Alexander Bisping, George Mantis, Jayne Heitmeyer, John Maclaren, Robert Higden, Noël Burton, Jean-Marc Dalphond, Larry Day, Paul van Dyck, Patrick Costello, Pierre Leblanc, David Alexandre, Alan Fawcett, Francine Pilote, Angie Larocque, Matt Holland, Emma Stevens, Richard Zeman, Al Dubois

Release: 2012-09-27

Runtime: 104

Plot: In an alternate universe where twinned worlds have opposite gravities, a young man battles interplanetary prejudice and the laws of physics in his quest to reunite with the long-lost girl of his dreams in this visually stunning romantic adventure that poses the question: what if love was stronger than gravity?

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I'm looking for the name of a movie that has another planet in the sky. The planet looks really close, as if a person on one planet could reach up and touch the other. In fact I believe there is a Mario Galaxy like scene where a character or characters leaps from one planet to the other. I think it might have been some like psychadelic romance.

It's NOT "Another Earth,.

Hawlp.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
e_cover.jpg

• 11Like
Reactions: 10 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I'm looking for the name of a movie that has another planet in the sky. The planet looks really close, as if a person on one planet could reach up and touch the other. In fact I believe there is a Mario Galaxy like scene where a character or characters leaps from one planet to the other. I think it might have been some like psychadelic romance.

Hawlp.
Pretty sure you were just seeing the moon

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

Hawlp.

You're looking for Futurama Season 7, Episode 2, "A Farewell to Arms"

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I can't figure out if it's Melancholia or Upside Down or Another Earth or something else. There's a specific scene in the film that I would remember if I saw it. Maybe it was just Avatar.

God damnit.

I tried skipping through Upside Down because the full film is on YouTube but no dice. Maybe my mind blended the two movies. Upside Down's other planet is too close together. The planet in the movie I'm thinking about was actually in its own orbit, but it just had the illusion that you could reach out and touch it.

It's also not the Abyss.

Oh well. Any other movies with other planets in the sky?

Last edited:

Caliane

maybe you are getting wires crossed with the trailer, or promo material? posters, etc?

ps. are we really going for round two of "not the abyss"? cause, seriously, its Upside down.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
maybe you are getting wires crossed with the trailer, or promo material? posters, etc?

ps. are we really going for round two of "not the abyss"? cause, seriously, its Upside down.

I'm watching Upside Down now and it doesn't seem to be it. Look , they have the full thing on the tubes. . There's a specific scene with the other planet in the sky and you can at least make out a quarter of the entire planet (it's really close, but not as close as Upside Down.)

Also can we just take a moment to say how stupid Upside Down is. What, they built all their buildings on both sides in the exact same way? Riiiight. Cracked out art student made this film.

Last edited:

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
That is not Melancholia for sure. Nobody touches anything in that movie. It kills everyone. It is also not funny in the slightest.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
That is not Melancholia for sure. Nobody touches anything in that movie. It kills everyone. It is also not funny in the slightest.

I'm not totally 100% on the scene with someone jumping from one planet to the other. I could be getting my wires crossed with a scene from Upside Down with the film I'm thinking of. Is there a planet in the sky with The Time Machine? For some reason that movie keeps coming to mind.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm 100% sure Morrow is talking about that Futurama episode I cited. Romantic story between Fry and Leela, and Mars passes close enough to Earth for people to jump from one planet to the other.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I'm not totally 100% on the scene with someone jumping from one planet to the other. I could be getting my wires crossed with a scene from Upside Down with the film I'm thinking of. Is there a planet in the sky with The Time Machine? For some reason that movie keeps coming to mind.
Not sure on Time Machine but Melancholia there is never a visual where it's close like that.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I'm 100% sure Morrow is talking about that Futurama episode I cited. Romantic story between Fry and Leela, and Mars passes close enough to Earth for people to jump from one planet to the other.

I just checked that episode out and it is a lot like that, but it wasn't a cartoon. God damnit now I have to skip through The Time Machine.

Also A.I. keeps coming to mind too.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database