Lost Ark Online

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Chaos dungeons don't have purple boss portals any more, so supports have the same chance to get an ember drop that inevitably has silver. Same disappointment on any role now.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
meh. The chore content is the #1 complaint I have seen for quitting the game. The chore content takes(took?) longer on a support. If they finally fixed that then good but late if the community won't continue playing supports.

IMO, It's not just "bignumbersmakehappy." Even traditional MMOS playing a DPS is 1 gear set/spec/play style where playing a tank/healer required another gear set/build to do any quest/solo content. It has always been more of a hassle for the player. LA was(is?) on a different level.

We're all seasoned MMO players here. Sure, there are less healers/tanks in MMOS but I've never experienced the extent that LA had from the get-go. Maybe they need to release a new support class every 4 months?

You're compounding two separate issues though. Yes, the number one reason (or high up there) people quit Lost Ark is because of chores. People don't like the daily grind. They've reduced this by making sweeping changes to Chaos Dungeons (no more portal rooms, mobs auto aggro, maps are smaller, Fate Embers drop) and lowering Guardian Raids to one a day. If you do not enjoy this gameplay, the reduction of it does not change the fact that you do not like it and will likely quit as a result. As others have said, it's now roughly the same thing regardless of the class you play with 30 seconds to a minute difference. Thus 'I quit because I hate the daily content" is still prevalent however "i quit because I hate the daily content and it takes longer on my support" is misinformed.

Last edited:

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, every class can do 2x Chaos in 5 minutes or less now, including supports. DPS spend considerably more time in Guardians on average because Matchmaking is full of scrubs and fresh lvl 50 [New Class]es, Party Finder groups generally ignore on-ilvl DPS applicants, and supports get in instantly without anyone even checking to see if they have gems equipped.

Again though this content amounts to 10 minutes of total play time per character every 1-3 days. If you compare the weekly raid commitment of a solo support vs solo DPS player, the support can get their raids done in less than the amount of time the DPS spends applying to groups. The problem is that most people find playing a support to be boring as fuck, and the game doesn't have a great positive feedback loop for support contribution, nor does it present any scenarios where a support can save a player or party from a literal 1-shot mechanic if they screw it up. Playing a support when you're a somewhat decent or better DPS is even worse, because you are stuck watching the other 3 members of your party ape it up with low uptime.

Every raid since Akkan has started to incorporate a buttfuckton of unavoidable chip damage in one gate or another, thereby making supports 100% necessary on iLvl, but Smilegate has done very little to make them more desireable to play. Artist came out in January 2022 in KR, didn't come close to dethroning Bard in popularity, and it's been nothing but new DPS classes since then.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
I'm Thaemine ready.. Times 6. Was a good honing day at the office.

1712169226921.png

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider

Malakriss

Veskal is a new 1630 Guardian Raid that will release alongside Thaemine.
Chaos Dungeon Enlightenment Level 2 added at Item Level 1630.
Added an Item Level 1630 Chaos Gate Difficulty
The Gold earned from the Kakul-Saydon Legion Raid has been reduced
[Balance Changes, majority of tweaks for Mages]

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Veskal is a new 1630 Guardian Raid that will release alongside Thaemine.
Chaos Dungeon Enlightenment Level 2 added at Item Level 1630.
Added an Item Level 1630 Chaos Gate Difficulty
The Gold earned from the Kakul-Saydon Legion Raid has been reduced
[Balance Changes, majority of tweaks for Mages]

You're the quickest patch note poster there is.

Really excited for Thaemine as it's the culmination of the Legion Raid commanders. I appreciate that they made Normal mode rather easy to clear and Hard Mode is crazy hard as that design philosophy works well for me. With the Thaemine books I'll start pushing my alts to 1620 & with transcendence reclears will get progressively easier. There's also no reason to hone a main for some time, so we can finally start saving a bit of Gold. Also Lunar Eclipse set looks awesome.

Malakriss

I guess I'm retarded, how do I access my roster storage in game now, it's completely empty.
You likely have not logged in since the server merges. First go into your card catalog Alt+C and the extra storage tab can help you reclaim all of your cards awakening (40 at a time keep doing it til it's clear). Trust me do that first. Because you also have to set your card decks on every character again.

Everything in roster storage got shoved into universal storage, you can sort that out after. This includes your gathering tools they got pushed in there.

Del

Vyemm Raider
Still a few hones away from 1630 and I'm probably not stepping foot into hard mode until all my armor is +21 anyway, but my static managed to clear normal mode tonight. G1-2 are a total joke on normal mode, but nm G3 is still a pretty good challenge. Not really looking forward to the difficulty jump of HM, but at least it'll only be on 1 character for quite a while.