Lord of the Rings Online

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Fucking nerds.

But damn just saw thread bump and this made me so damn nostalgic.

Loved this game when I played in 2008-2009. Played a hunter and did everything my my friend who was a guardian? Shield guy.

Exploring was so fun. Finding the trolls from the hobbit, going to Gollum’s island, amazing. Stopped just after we exited Moria and never went back.

I always planned to resub because I wanted to get all the way to Moria but picking up my exiting characters seems weird after all these years to relearn skills and story, and no way I can play all the way through again,

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Always liked this game. They did such a great job of making it feel like the Lord of the Rings world. And the players really add to it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I hate this game because it's something I always wanted to play through the content at least once but I haven't ever been able to stomach more than level 20 or so every few years when I try. The combat system is just sooooooo boring.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I hate this game because it's something I always wanted to play through the content at least once but I haven't ever been able to stomach more than level 20 or so every few years when I try. The combat system is just sooooooo boring.

Exactly. If you aren’t focused on atmosphere and the people you group with it’s a drag.

I never played more than an hour without being on teamspeak with a friend.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
There was a wide range of qualities in the regions of the world. I really liked the old forest, trollshaws, and moria, and the stuff around lake evendim.

Wasn't too fond of the lone lands, or north downs, or angmar.

• 1Picard

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
hmm, Mordor's already available for points? I think I have enough points saved. Might do another 3 month sub soon.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

Yup, good game otherwise, but the thing you do like 90% of your time in game just sucks.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
How long does it take to get a guy to max level? Going to resub after playing at launch and mostly want to just explore all the areas since I'm a big lotr fan, just curious as to how long it'll take

Edit: Ive always hated this fucking patcher

They can't use those because those are from The Children of Hurin, The Unfinished Tales, and The Silmarillion. They only have rights to the three Lord of The Rings books.

Thingol ruled Doriath.

It would be awesome if someone made an MMO set in the First Age.
Is this why all the names seem weird from patch notes I'm reading?

Letsinod

Lord Nagafen Raider
Calb...it depends on how "complete" you want to level. If you just going to rush to the end it really don't take any longer than any other MMO. If you want to complete deeds and virtues it will take much longer. What server you roll on?

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Calb...it depends on how "complete" you want to level. If you just going to rush to the end it really don't take any longer than any other MMO. If you want to complete deeds and virtues it will take much longer. What server you roll on?
Thinking a casual pace but not going crazy into every deed and such. I think I have a mid 30s toon on Silverlode but forget exactly which server. The terribad patcher finally finished but now my account info is telling me it's wrong and trying to reset password isnt working

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Still haven't been able to login. Their launcher and password reset shit is just terrible

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
So for some fucking random ass reason out of the blue I decided to try this out a week or so ago and put in 90 hours already. Damnit.

• 1Like

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I accidentally forgot to cancel my sub, so I'm gonna try to finish the latest xpac this time.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
So for some fucking random ass reason out of the blue I decided to try this out a week or so ago and put in 90 hours already. Damnit.
I accidentally forgot to cancel my sub, so I'm gonna try to finish the latest xpac this time.

Wife and I bought founders packs YEARS ago, best worst decision of my life in re: MMOs.

Kinda cool logging in and having like enough game cash to basically get everything in the game I want.

Also helps that we get, or maybe we bought with the excess cash, the expansions.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Tried this periodically 3-4 times throughout the years.

Don't think I've ever seen another person

• 1Like

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Tried this periodically 3-4 times throughout the years.

Don't think I've ever seen another person
Seems to be pretty populated to me, but im nowhere near end game and just enjoying going through the Book. Taking it super casual and just enjoying exploring around. Apoxea (30 hunter) on Crick if anyone gets bored.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Back when I played this years and years ago you could solo most "usual" quests but the storyline quests were meant for groups. Have they changed that?

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Back when I played this years and years ago you could solo most "usual" quests but the storyline quests were meant for groups. Have they changed that?
They give you the option of doing a group version or a solo version before you go into the instance.