Lord of the Rings Online

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Sorry man. According to the LOTRO site the anniversary end was supposed to be at 3:00am on May 12.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Sorry man. According to the LOTRO site the anniversary end was supposed to be at 3:00am on May 12.
I saw May 11th at 2am Pacific when I checked. I thought those expansions were all going to be free now, or soon regardless?

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Damn, I missed the anniversary bonuses. I had a calendar note to log into my 2 accounts by the 12th and forgot until today, the 12th. So I found the game and got it reinstalled and... the bonuses actually ended early in the morning on May 11th so it was really May 10th that was the last day to collect them.

So I got totally fucked on these in particular:

Collector’s Edition – Mordor Expansion
Collector’s Edition – Minas Morgul Expansion
Collector’s Edition – War of Three Peaks

Gonna have to pay through the nose for all those now whenever I play again, unless they're gonna do something like this again at some point in the near future.

This is what I get for procrastinating things until the last day a large portion of the time.
Steam has taught me that all sales return again and again and again.

• 1Like

Scooby

Trakanon Raider
Any news on when the console version is expected ? It was annouced like an year ago I figured they try to get it up and running in time to cash in on the Amazon show.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Since people tend to miss these:
The Coupon Code is: FREEQUESTS2022 (1/Account, available to redeem through October 31st, 2022)

This Coupon Code will grant the following to your game account:

• Quest Pack: Central Gondor
  • Quest Pack: East Gondor
  • Quest Pack: West Gondor
  • Quest Pack: Old Anórien
  • Region Pack: Far Anórien
  • Quest Pack: March of the King
  • Quest Pack: Battle of the Black Gate
  • Quest Pack: Legacy of the Necromancer
  • Quest Pack: Where Dragons Dwell
  • Quest Pack: The Vales of Anduin
  • Quest Pack: Mists of Wilderland
  • Quest Pack: The Wildwood
  • The Further Adventures of Bilbo Baggins
  • Quest Pack: The Blood of Azog
  • Quest Pack: Rangers and Ruins
  • Quest Pack: Yondershire

Additionally, enjoy a limited time sale on select Expansion quests in the LOTRO Store where you will be able to pick up the following items for only 99 points through October 31st, 2022:

• Mordor
  • War of Three Peaks
  • Minas Morgul

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Hows the population? Im bored as shit and thinking of subbing for a bit.
I saw your reply in the EQ Mischief thread and thought I would reply here to keep the EQ gods from getting pissy lol.

I'm on the Gladden server. A friend of mine has a life time sub to the game, and that's the server he is on, so I went over there.

I've been trying out all of the classes. So far, I like the hunter and Lore Master. Both a lot of fun.

• 1Like

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
How did you guys fix the resolution problem? I cant stand playing a game in windowed mode.
My friend told me to not go balls deep on the resolution. I set it to like 1920 or something, and it looks fine.

• 1Like

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
As of last night, I have played through the human tutorial area on every class except the brawler. I will probably add another character slot and purchase the brawler class to play through tonight.

I have been streaming my experiences with all the classes over on my twitch account.

So far, all of the classes, except one, have been surprisingly fun to play. Some of them don't start being fun until after you reach level 6 and choose your specialization though. The rune keeper was one that really was boring until I specialized.

The one class that I just didn't enjoy on any of the specialization paths was the burglar. That being said, I feel like it is just my lack of understanding of the class that has lead to that. I plan to give it more time to develop before I officially say I don't like the class.

Overall, I think that Lord of the Rings Online is a major hidden gem in the MMO genre. I really didn't give this game much of a shot back in the day when it came out because I was such an EverQuest addict. Going back now, cranking the graphics to 11, and taking the time to actually read the quest dialogue for the quests, I am finding this to be a truly special entry in the genre.

There is a ton to accomplish in this game, and unlike how games like World of Warcraft have tons of achievements to accomplish, I actually feel like the tons of achievements (called deeds in LoTRO) in Lord of The Rings Online feel more significant when I complete them. In World of Warcraft, I was finishing achievements like mad, but for some reason they just didn't feel that rewarding to me. In LoTRO, they feel different. I don't know why, and for all I know, maybe its just me. And, don't get me wrong, World of Warcraft is a great game in its own right. I'm just using it as a comparison for LoTRO because it's a well know game in the genre.

All and all, I am absolutely loving my time in LoTRO. I hope the enjoyment continues for many years to come for me.

If you are ever on the Gladden server (think that's the name), look up anyone with a name like Lorrendor. I make all my characters on that game with Lorr*nd*r pattern.

See you on Middle Earth!

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I started this again after finishing the Gundabad content last year sometime. Looks like several new areas and an LI revamp to go through this time. I like the new legendary system much better than the old one.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yup been enjoying this a lot. Been playing super casual on Arkenstone. Graphics still look pretty good for its age and its actually fun to explore the world and see all the scenes from the bookies and other small Tolkien lore scattered throughout.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I reached level 35 on my hunter last night, and got the vast majority of Lone Lands completed. The only things I have left to do in Lone Lands is the top right corner with all the elite mobs and the instance in that area. If anybody has a character on the Gladden server and wants to hit up the elites, let me know.

Other than that, I am going to move over to North Downs. I still have a boat load of stuff to do in that zone to satisfy my completionist goals.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Anybody else tried out the new starter area that came out Tuesday in the Before the Shadows expansion? I liked it, but not sure if that's because it is good or because I am tired of going through Archet every time I make a new character lol. Nah.. it's pretty good. I ran an elven champion through it last night.

You can check out my stream on Twitch from last night here .

Speaking of which, I need 5 people chatting at the same time on my Twitch to get to the next level. I'd greatly appreciate if my FoH peeps would come help me with that this weekend.

• 1Like

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I'm thinking about starting a guild (kinship I think they call it in this game) just to have people to do dungeons with on occasion.

I don't want to join an existing kinship because honestly, I don't want to have to deal with anybody telling me what I can and can't do in a game.

First off, as you all know, I stream my game sessions on Twitch, so I don't need anyone telling me I can't do that, or "I know we said you can do that, but we need you to not do it right now" kind of thing. It's my stream, and my choices. Some might find that to sound selfish or self centered, but my Twitch stream is my side gig (that has yet to ever pay me anything lol), and as such, business is business. You don't let others run your business... even if you never make a dime off of it LOL >.< it's still YOUR business, and you should control it.

Secondly, as much as I try to play the game every day in the evenings, there are days that real life demands my attention. I'm over the "we need you here" mentality I put up with for too many years in EverQuest. I want to play games when I want to, how I want to, and for how ever long/short I want. If I decide that I want to roll a new character one night and goof around on something other than what my main character was involved in at the moment, then I will do that, and I don't need anybody giving me grief for not being there for their dungeon/raid/whatever.

So, yeah. I'm planning on making a guild in Lord of The Rings Online.

There will be no rules because we're all grown adults, and we should be able to be reasonably accepting of one another's quirks. People are going to have issues, throw fits, rant about shit, and generally have bad days from time to time... myself included of course. I don't want any rules getting in the way of people being able to overlook someone's bad day. If you're being a dumbass, just take some time away from the guild chat or game. You'll get over it and be yourself in a day or so. No reason for online friends to condemn you to purgatory for life just because you woke up on the wrong side of the bed one day.

Will we raid? Fuck if I know. If we ever have enough people at the right levels, with the necessary classes, and people want to attempt some raids, sure. Why the fuck not? Does that mean we will try to beat everything in the game, have regularly scheduled raid nights, and have some sort of DKP system? Hell fuck no..! I'm done with that shit.

Will we run dungeons together? I'd like to do that. There are a lot of instances (dungeons) I have not seen in the game purely because the instance finder (aka dungeon finder of other games) is a giant piece of dog shit that is more complicated than filing your taxes every year. Seriously, it's shit. I have no idea how any game designer thought that was a good system. The vast majority of the time when I have tried to use it, I end up joining an instance that someone else has marked in the instance finder for a particular dungeon, and when I send them a tell about it, they are like, "I'm not in that dungeon. I'm in xyz dungeon." I rarely ever find someone actually doing the dungeon they have marked as wanting to do in the instance finder. It's so fucked up. Long story short, this is why I want to put a kinship together. I want to do group dungeons every so often, and I need friends in game to do that.

So.... If you made it through all that crap, and you have any interest in playing LoTRO with friends, hit me up.

I'm not rich in game by any means, but I have all crafters up to/near master rank, so I can hook you up with gear if you want to roll new characters on my server.

Oh... almost forgot. Gladden server.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Still really loving this game. My hunter is level 66 now and finished the first epic volume book. The story was great!

That all being said, I need people to play with at my level. Someone come to the Gladden server and make a tank and healer. I can pew pew for you.

• 1Like

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Still really loving this game. My hunter is level 66 now and finished the first epic volume book. The story was great!

That all being said, I need people to play with at my level. Someone come to the Gladden server and make a tank and healer. I can pew pew for you.
Just as a side note, I will make you gear. I have one of every crafter.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I've never played LOTRO (as much as I love LOTR and all related things), but I have this vision of a fellowship of two men, an elf, a dwarf, a wizard and four hobbits running around.. and they're all Pharone.