Lord of the Rings Online

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Is there by any chance a Helms deep xpac code that is cheaper than retail like there was for the other ones?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

Was wondering about starting this... heard it's free? And I can play all the "main quest" story free.

Worth it in that mode?

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Was wondering about starting this... heard it's free? And I can play all the "main quest" story free.

Worth it in that mode?
I played first 15 or 20 levels on it and didnt really notice it being different than the sub. The boosted xp you get is made like 15% bar you get every day that gives double I think and doesnt really stack to far. If youre going to play casual for the main line and dont want to sub I'd say it should be fine.

• 1Worf

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Will the players play hobbits flipping around and air-dashing?

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I didn't see it maybe because I am on my phone but when does that release? I never played much and might be interested this time as we have started a Middle Earth pen and paper game recently.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
I didn't see it maybe because I am on my phone but when does that release? I never played much and might be interested this time as we have started a Middle Earth pen and paper game recently.
I see no date posted.
I got to 61 got out of Moria but stopped playing to play WoW xpac. I have played since alpha/ launch tho so I'll probably check out the progression server

• 1Like

Letsinod

Lord Nagafen Raider

It says Fall so I assume it will be soon.

• 1Like

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Gonna give this a go and see if I can deal with the awful combat and enjoy the world building. I'd say the odds aren't great since I've tried that many times before, but maybe the concentration of people at the lower content will add some fun.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I'm probably going to hop into this super casually. With how shitty WoW has been, I could use another MMO to kill time with while I half-watch TV shows on my other monitor.

I have fond memories of leveling up through the first year or two of this game, so I'm excited to re-live some of that. Those initial zones have so much atmosphere and character, especially when they're filled with people.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I never got far in this so I think ill be hoping in casually and basically experiencing everything for the first time.

• 1Like

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Up until bfa I was casually playing this and having a great time. Got out of Moria [first xpac] so sorta sucks ill be doing the same zones again and not seeing Rohan and gondor etc yet. But the shire and the first few zones are some of my favorite
I am a really big tolkien fan so a lot of it had to do with just the lore and world but I sort of enjoyed the combat. The little delay is annoying but I enjoyed the chained abilities.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Also usually with a fresh server im really obsessed with the face to max level but with this game I feel like itll be fun but I also wont mind chillin back casually and enjoying the populated noob zones.