Lord of the Rings Online

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
With how shitty WoW has been, I could use another MMO to kill time with while I half-watch TV shows on my other monitor.

I have fond memories of leveling up through the first year or two of this game, so I'm excited to re-live some of that. Those initial zones have so much atmosphere and character, especially when they're filled with people.

Likewise I'm eyeing a new experience. Will be watching this one closely.

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
As with most free mmo's the UI is what gets me everytime I come back to the game. Constant screen pops up of buy this or buy that, evertime you unlock a new feature through the story or level another UI element appears for that and you end up getting confused as to what you should be doing for your gameplay and what is just fluff they are trying to sell you.

I have a lifetime sub from back in the day so have thounds of coins to spend and have unlocked each expansion but each time I come back I never get past the mid 20's and it not the game play or combat it is purley the UI

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Same, 25gb? Should be done in a bit, now it is patching some weird shit for 2 hours now.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Same, 25gb? Should be done in a bit, now it is patching some weird shit for 2 hours now.
Yeah this patcher is the worst thing to ever exist. Multiple people couldn't even play the game because it wouldn't patch fully for them. It took me a while to do it I think I had to fresh install or something. It's always been this bad since launch

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
My isp has been dead since early this morning. I'm 4825 in the queue! Is it chaos? Kittens and hobbits running wild eating all the taters? Elf maids dancing under the stars?

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Downloading this tonight!

Can someone give a class run down on role/playstyle?

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Guardians are cadencey reactive tanks, with moves off parry and block. Good controls. Cooldowns make sense.

Minstrels have alot of abilities and they all have different cooldowns. This means you have to stare at your bars. Feels bad, like playing EQ2.

Loremasters have alot of situational stuff. Play like an eq enchanter a bit without the pet deciding randomly to murder you. Controls are pretty good, can keep your eye on the action.

I don't really know much about the others.

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I looked on their forums and apparently the queue doesn't ever update, but you do advance. But because it doesn't update you have to restart to see if you've advanced to the front.

I restarted after 45 min and went down to 2611, so maybe another hour I'll be at the front.

Some people report restarting and going to the back of the line though.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Looks like it will be the standard opening of a second server tomorrow due to unanticipated demand with transfers etc. I just hope they fix the launcher queue.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I would love to get into this during a reset, but I've tried it numerous times over the years and can't get past the combat/ability bloat. Shame too, as I've always heard such good things about the storytelling in it. The lack of 4K UI support was an issue as well.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Is Ithil the second server? If so where is everyone going to?

Edit: Ok yes Ithil is it. It might launch tomorrow as it is showing CLOSED still when I click it.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Outside of the login issues, this looking good? Tried to get into the game a few times, but was way late to the party and everything was always a ghost town.

This closer to an EQ TLP or an abortion like Rift TLP?

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I played for a couple hours on Ithil tonight and it was packed. Very fun, with people chatting and overall being friendly. Definitely felt like a MMO launch

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Downloaded this last night. Have not been able to do anything with it since. Is this free to play or subscription?

• 1Like