Lord of the Rings Online

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Btw, watch out for bandit archers. I got a bleed on me that was enough to kill me at least twice over.

Made me remember to put a status remover on a hotkey.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Tried to find my account at Turbine but nothing pulled up. Don't think I had any expansions so might just make a new account.

If you buy the newest expansion does it unlock the previous stuff?

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Tried to find my account at Turbine but nothing pulled up. Don't think I had any expansions so might just make a new account.

If you buy the newest expansion does it unlock the previous stuff?
Unless they've changed it recently no. To get all the content you'd need the Quad Pack(Moria, Mirkwood, Isengard, Rohan) Helm's Deep and Mordor. The quadpack is 75% off a couple times a year. I wouldn't think you'd have to buy any expansions until the legendary server gets to Moria.

I'm still on the fence about making a legendary server character. Sounds fun but it's a long leveling journey to do over again.

• 1Like

Letsinod

Lord Nagafen Raider
There is a shitload of people playing. Lots of auction, crafting, grouping going on. No you do not get expansions but at minimum since your VIP I think you would get Moria for free with the lotro points you would have by then.

• 1Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Unless they've changed it recently no. To get all the content you'd need the Quad Pack(Moria, Mirkwood, Isengard, Rohan) Helm's Deep and Mordor. The quadpack is 75% off a couple times a year. I wouldn't think you'd have to buy any expansions until the legendary server gets to Moria.

I'm still on the fence about making a legendary server character. Sounds fun but it's a long leveling journey to do over again.
I read the quadpack goes on sale around black friday. Ill keep my eyes peeled.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I also rolled up a Captain to start with named Chanur. Also thinking of trying a Lore Master. Not familiar with the classes so not sure what I will enjoy.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
trying to use my account but i'm pretty sure the turbine page for password retrieval is broken

earthfell

Golden Knight of the Realm
I reset my password just fine yesterday.

Lore police swarmed me as soon as I logged in.

ScreenShot00000.jpg

• 10Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 11 users

RoyalAssassin

Molten Core Raider
Btw, watch out for bandit archers. I got a bleed on me that was enough to kill me at least twice over.

Made me remember to put a status remover on a hotkey.

You're not kidding!! That deep wound is no joke. I found that if you get in their grill, even though I am a hunter, that it doesn't seem to proc.

Overall, the servers have been a ton of fun. Even the notoriously terrible lag spikes seem more intermittent.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>

all four of my requests came in ~12hours after i requested reset. looks like temporary issue.

I'm playing this on Ithil. Level 12 Champion. Playing a dwarf which i've never played so true "new" experience. pretty busy seemingly and community seems good so far, friendly and helpful minimal trolls (ymmv)

my character name is Swayze

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I started up this one just out of curiosity... however, I don't see myself subscribing just yet so is there really any point or fun to be had on the freebie servers? I somehow missed the Legendary server announcement so that at least explains why discord shows so many people on LOTRO lately. I always thought it was a decent game but unfortunately was among better games.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I went to Ithil. I think I just saw Oblio Oblio on a dorf.

I'm not playin much though, have a couple level 10ishes

• 1Like

Ridas

Pay to play forum
I ran some dungeons today and, wow, is it a mess. I had no idea what was going on, but I was tanking alright. And fucking lol at all the yelling. Deaf Orcs would rule the world in this mmorpg.

• 1Worf

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Chanur on Ithil. Level 5 Captain currently. Playing pretty casually but I had a lot of fun today. This is really the first time I spent on the game since the servers came out.