Lord of the Rings Online

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
McCheese on Ithil. Super casually leveling, up to 12 or 13 I think.

I still think this game is one of the best looking MMOs ever. The graphics mostly hold up imo.

ScreenShot00013.jpg
ScreenShot00004.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Reht

Molten Core Raider
yeah, pretty impressed with world graphics, the PC models not so much. Takes a lot to wow me, graphically speaking, in a game, but i got to Rivendell last night and incredibly impressed. So far enjoying the game in spite of a bland combat system.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I think intro quest chain with Archet is the best of any MMO besides SWTOR's class quests. It actually makes the fetch quests make sense for once.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
FYI, they have pretty much made the whole game FTP for the month of April due to quarantines. If you want to knock out content you never die, or even give it a first time try they have opened up a lot of the ftp stuff.

Started a High elf captain, the high elf into quest is great then just ends up on the same old path. Should have played the beoring

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Playing on landroval, because whatever server I was on in 2008 must have merged with it at some time

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I'm doing my usual "Final WoW patch, so hop back on LOTRO" routine.

My god does the early game need a Cataclysm. Cleared out Misty Mountains for completionism, and a single quest chain had me go back and forth to Rivendell four times. It's not as bad in this multi-monitor world, but still extremely boring.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
up to 24 grinding it out. Server seems too RP types.

Going to research transfers but i fear they dont do it

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Awesome! Ive been wanting to play a progression type server, so now I might jump in.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Looks like those progression servers launched? There are two that require VIP on the server select.

Last time I tried to play this there were ISP issues that didn't let me update/connect. Those apparently are gone now; re-playing on my 16 hobbit hunter on Arkenstone. Name is Brikshot.

*Edit: Did Hunters get nerfed at some point in the last year? I remember my guy wrecking shit and now I'm having a hard time with stuff 2-3 levels higher than me (which is the level of all the quests I have).

Last edited:

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Looks like those progression servers launched? There are two that require VIP on the server select.

Last time I tried to play this there were ISP issues that didn't let me update/connect. Those apparently are gone now; re-playing on my 16 hobbit hunter on Arkenstone. Name is Brikshot.

*Edit: Did Hunters get nerfed at some point in the last year? I remember my guy wrecking shit and now I'm having a hard time with stuff 2-3 levels higher than me (which is the level of all the quests I have).

They overnerfed barrage, and with some other damage nerfs endgame hunters are pretty weak in instances, but mine is like lvl 66 and I have no issues at all. Lower levels can be a bit iffy at times while you're still missing skills.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
This game is yuuuge, but it's not without it's problems. Generally, if you like PVE, slow levelling (aka the "journey" as opposed to the "destination"), and Tolkien lore, then you might like this. If you don't, then stay away.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
This game is yuuuge, but it's not without it's problems. Generally, if you like PVE, slow levelling (aka the "journey" as opposed to the "destination"), and Tolkien lore, then you might like this. If you don't, then stay away.

How is it for a group of 2? My brother and I might try to duo some stuff. We also might bring some other people into it but they wouldn't be as dedicated as us, is there a good mentor system for grouping with lower leveled players?