Lovecraft Country

ShakyJake

<Donor>
1.71 star(s) Rating: 1.71/5 7 Votes
Title: Lovecraft Country

Genre: Drama, Mystery, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2020-08-16

Creator: Jordan Peele, Misha Green

Cast: Jonathan Majors, Jurnee Smollett, Wunmi Mosaku, Aunjanue Ellis, Courtney B. Vance, Michael Kenneth Williams, Abbey Lee

Overview: The anthology horror series follows 25-year-old Atticus Black, who joins up with his friend Letitia and his Uncle George to embark on a road trip across 1950s Jim Crow America to find his missing father. They must survive and overcome both the racist terrors of white America and the malevolent spirits that could be ripped from a Lovecraft paperback.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
1595633557948.png

• 1Picard
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
12177-9Lz53Mt8TnB08d1IhuJuM7nYkXO.jpg

Title: Lovecraft Country

Genre: Drama, Mystery, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

Creator: Jordan Peele, Misha Green

Cast: Jonathan Majors, Jurnee Smollett, Wunmi Mosaku, Aunjanue Ellis, Courtney B. Vance, Michael Kenneth Williams, Abbey Lee

First aired: 2020-08-16

Overview: The anthology horror series follows 25-year-old Atticus Black, who joins up with his friend Letitia and his Uncle George to embark on a road trip across 1950s Jim Crow America to find his missing father. They must survive and overcome both the racist terrors of white America and the malevolent spirits that could be ripped from a Lovecraft paperback.

• 1Like
  • 1Rustled
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Was the book about muh racism? I got all excited at the title then saw the cast, expectations quickly sank.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Yeah I didnt know this was gonna be another hbo wokefest, was hoping for some high budget fantasy/sci fi

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
"Overview: The anthology horror series follows 25-year-old Atticus Black, who joins up with his friend Letitia and his Uncle George to embark on a road trip across 1950s Jim Crow America to find his missing father. They must survive and overcome both the racist terrors of white America and the malevolent spirits that could be ripped from a Lovecraft paperback. "

Seriously, would it be so fucking difficult to just do this, and make a good show, instead of a "muh racism" show.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
its based on a 2016 book that is completely rooted around the idea of mixing up 1950s Jim Crow American south with ?deconstructing? Lovecraft, Jordan Peele really liked it so thats why its a TV show now. So its not taking inspiration from HP Lovecraft and making a "muh racism" show, its all beat for beat straight from the book.

• 2Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 2 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I watch sci-fi/horror to escape reality; so no thanks.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I am still excited for this. Racism fits the setting, as long as its not too face palm. Peele's stuff has been interesting even if not all of it was great. Also I am a sucker for cosmic horror and there was a ton of it in some of the trailers.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
I am still excited for this. Racism fits the setting, as long as its not too face palm. Peele's stuff has been interesting even if not all of it was great. Also I am a sucker for cosmic horror and there was a ton of it in some of the trailers.
I'm really not trying to edgelord here but Peele and JJ Abrams, name a more over-rated duo.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

I am all for that sort of stuff as a backdrop; the Umbrella Academy had a major storyline about it that didn't seem forced because it was proper for the time period.

This, however, seems way too on the nose since it literally talks about whites in the same sentence as said cosmic horror like they are synonymous or analogous.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
I saw Jurnee Smollett and wondered how the hell he was getting work again before I realized it was someone else.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
I saw Jurnee Smollett and wondered how the hell he was getting work again before I realized it was someone else.

it is his sister,
she has pretty small titties
big titties matter

12694484_925921330789596_5835978052785366877_o.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
“Our heroes essentially are going on a quest to bring down White supremacy,” Smollett said.
jussie smollets sister

i expect rave reviews from yous

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
the 15-20 seconds not focused on the woke stuff looks good, I'll definitely give it try like I did with Watchmen but have my doubts. I ended up liking Watchmen quite a bit.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database