Luck (2022)

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Luck (2022)

Tagline: Sometimes all you need is for everything to go wrong.

Genre: Animation, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy

Director: Peggy Holmes

Cast: Eva Noblezada, Simon Pegg, Jane Fonda, Whoopi Goldberg, Colin O'Donoghue, Lil Rel Howery, Flula Borg, John Ratzenberger, Adelynn Spoon

Release: 2022-08-05

Plot: Suddenly finding herself in the never-before-seen Land of Luck, Sam Greenfield, the unluckiest person in the world, must unite with the magical creatures there to turn her luck around.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Lesseters first post pixar film.
Well shit, count me in then.

Seeing the synopsis and screencap I was thinking this was Dreamworks, and my next thought was, "well, maybe now it's finally their time to shine."

But this is even better.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Well shit, count me in then.

Seeing the synopsis and screencap I was thinking this was Dreamworks, and my next thought was, "well, maybe now it's finally their time to shine."

But this is even better.
it looks like Pixar quality animation, though the Luck premise seems a bit weak. maybe more than a bit. i will watch it based on Lasseter being in the driver's seat over at Skydance. also this may not be a Lasseter original movie, but more a film he is now overseeing and adding his input. i want to see a Lassteer directed/written flick on Skydance before i pass judgement.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I thought it looked better than most of the animated stuff the last 2 years, I enjoyed Raya but the bar has been low.

Also I need some Pablo Schreiber losing his coin

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
Out on Apple TV+ (and torrents) now

Probably pretty decent given this score split

1659708116458.png

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah you know the critics are shitting on it because they are mad Lasseter got metooed but is till working.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I watched this tonight, it was enjoyable but also forgettable. There‘s nothing really wrong with it, but also nothing really stood out.

• 1Like

Homsar

It was decent, I don't think it's below all the animated shit out the last few years

Homsar

It was decent, I don't think it's below all the animated shit out the last few years.
Edit it's above most. I would put it on par for Pixar lately. I actually didn't care for inside out much so hate me.

Animated movies have been crap in a way.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Edit it's above most. I would put it on par for Pixar lately. I actually didn't care for inside out much so hate me.

Animated movies have been crap in a way.
the animation hasnt been mindblowing. only so much you can break grounds with anymore. you can just use more advanced computers to make everything look more seamless. Inside Out works for me because of the concept and worldbuilding they did. its probably the last time Pixar has done such a thing. i really didnt care so much about the story focusing on the little girl. moved to a new town and she misses her friends. pretty basic. i moved to a new town when i was a kid and i had problems with bullies, until i started bashing them with my lunchbox and it wasnt such a problem anymore. i didnt sulk about my old friends. i just wanted to get along where i was.

Homsar

the animation hasnt been mindblowing. only so much you can break grounds with anymore. you can just use more advanced computers to make everything look more seamless. Inside Out works for me because of the concept and worldbuilding they did. its probably the last time Pixar has done such a thing. i really didnt care so much about the story focusing on the little girl. moved to a new town and she misses her friends. pretty basic. i moved to a new town when i was a kid and i had problems with bullies, until i started bashing them with my lunchbox and it wasnt such a problem anymore. i didnt sulk about my old friends. i just wanted to get along where i was.
I'm not going to go in depth but I figured Inside out would hit more but it just felt like a daily tantrum of a child which is worthless

• 1Solidarity
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database