Magic: The Gathering -- Puzzle Quest (Android/Ios)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Composter

Golden Knight of the Realm
Uh...that's right. Two of the best things ever combined into one greedy money-gulper. Anyone playing?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Phelps McManus

<Silver Donator>
I tried it ... not bad , but annoying to wait long until health returns

Never heard of this and started playing when the thread got bumped back in September. Still going at it, but very casual. There are bonuses for logging in daily, but no real daily quests - which is nice actually. I have just been working on beating the first 2 story chapters with all 5 base-colored planeswalkers.

Pretty neat additional layer of strategy on top of the basic gem matching game. My main concern is how steeply card power ramps up with rarity, paired with how ridiculously rare they made "rare". I haven't put any money into it, so my source of new cards has been:
  • 3 cards from the basic set every 8 hours - I tend to get these each morning and evening.
  • You get a pack (5 cards) for finishing each chapter, so I got 2 from those. I think there are 5-6 total.
  • The daily login prizes follow a pattern where each week ends with a pack from a different set.
  • Each month, if you log in 21 times, you get a Fat Pack (4 packs)
So, pretty slow going. I have only gotten 2 rares, although the 1 was from the 3-card every 8 hours thing was just a dual land. Apparently they have bad, uncommon dual lands that are opposing colors, where friendly colored duals are rare. You only need 1 copy of a card to fill your deck - multiple copies are useless.

I have a a few dozen uncommons, which are really what you try to make decks out of. Most commons are terrible and/or have a strictly superior uncommon version - like creatures with the same power/toughness, but 60% of the casting cost.

I haven't tried playing any events yet. Like I said, I play extremely casually. I have never had a problem being gated by Planeswalker health. You can always switch to a different Planeswalker, since you can get the 5 cheap ones. I also don't level up until I lose, since doing so replenishes your health.

Composter

Golden Knight of the Realm
Do the events...you will get a LOT more cards that way. Also, join a coalition. In the last 2 weeks, just from event and daily packs, I've picked up 2 Mythic rares and 4 regular rares. I would suggest keeping your event PWs low in level, too, since the lower ones do not tend to have blinged out full mythic decks. When you get into the 50s with a PW, the random decks you face ramp up considerably in power. Events really aren't that difficult, and even if you only have time for a few battles a day, you can at least ramp up the speed at which you get crystals.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
lol, wow what a bump!
Been playing this lately when I don't feel like fucking with Arena.

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
My best advice is to do VIP if you want good cards and save your orbs to 7k and get all the origin mythics