Magic the Gathering the MMO

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
teenage me would have been stoked. adult me is worried that its just going to be another generic MMO but with a M:TG skin on it.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This should just be you playing some random schlub that gets summoned into the middle of planeswalker conflicts.

Instead, it'll be another "you're special/the chosen one who will save all existence! just like the other 10,000 people in this newbie zone!" game.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Surprised no founder's packs available before the announcement.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Rime

<Donor>
Man, the 1997 PC game for MtG was amazing. I spent so much time playing it.

I would love something like that, but doubt it. It will be another micro-transaction rich, pay-to-win game that will be dumped after milking the base.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

I would love something like that, but doubt it. It will be another micro-transaction rich, pay-to-win game that will be dumped after milking the base.
Yeah man, that game was great. It was my way of playing M;TG when no one was around. I've been waiting for a sequel this whole time. I also always thought a game similar to that but Civ/Endless Legend style would be a lot of fun.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Seems to me.... WTF is the point of an MMO of a card game without a card game?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Seems to me.... WTF is the point of an MMO of a card game without a card game?

The cards are just spells, items, creatures and locations. I'm not sure the literal card as a device is particularly important in this case from a thematic perspective and they already have MTGO for the actual online version of the game.

Nester

Vyemm Raider

I reinstalled this last year, gameplay is just perfect

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The same as a MMO of a RTS franchise without a RTS.

I guess. I just have a real hardon for a TCG in an MMO shell. I like HEX but I am not really invested in it yet... comparatively.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Obviously they'll have raid bosses in the MMO drop treasure chests you redeem in MTGO, and the treasure chests will have a chance to drop loot/resources for your MMO character. Make ya buy into both products ;)

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Oh shits, we're going to kill the Royal Assassin today! As soon as he dies, we're advancing on to a Nightmare.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I reinstalled this last year, gameplay is just perfect

Did they ever fix the issue of being able to have more than 3 cards of a type? I remember having a deck that was nothing but swamp, hypnotic specters, bad moons and howling mines. Toss in some royal assassins and it was hilariously OP

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Will playing this be considered by society as more or less nerdy than playing the card game?