Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again! (2018)

spronk

FPS noob
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again!

Genre: Comedy, Romance

Director: Ol Parker

Cast: Meryl Streep, Lily James, Amanda Seyfried, Pierce Brosnan, Colin Firth, Stellan Skarsgård, Dominic Cooper, Julie Walters, Christine Baranski, Andy García, Cher, Jeremy Irvine, Alexa Davies, Jessica Keenan Wynn, Hugh Skinner, Josh Dylan, Togo Igawa, Naoko Mori, Alexandra Ford, Lampros Kalfuntzos, Gerard Monaco, Amelia O'Loughlin, Debra Leigh-Taylor, Ava Brennan, Gino Picciano, Israel Ruiz, Jane Fowler, Dale Branston, Anna Antoniades, Natalia Campbell, Alim Jayda, Kathryn Akin, Maria Despina, Constance Jérôme, Duncan Smith, Paul Adrien Ferré, Sarah Cortez, Sonia Dorado, Rodrig Andrisan

Release: 2018-07-19

Plot: Young Donna, Sam and Harry forge relationships that resonate in the present.

• 2Barf
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob

First movie is a guilty pleasure of mine, I usually hate rom-coms and stuff like that but man the cast is fantastic and what kind of faggot doesn't like Abba songs

I think thats Cher at the end of the trailer, I thought it was an aged Lady Gaga

the cast is also all white women pretty much so that should trigger a lot of people

• 2Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I love Amanda Seyfried, and she was alright in the first movie, but who casts these other actors that can't sing to do musicals? Meryl Streep and Pierce Brosnan were horrible. Really strange that they're making a sequel...didn't realize the first one did well enough to warrant it.

Dalven

Saor Alba
<Donor>
The first film was a license to print money in the UK - had a very lengthy theatrical run and a singalong version to boot.

People were literally dancing in the aisles in the cinema where I worked at the time, they'll lap this shit up again and come back for more.

spronk

FPS noob
first movie budget $52m
domestic box office: $144m
worldwide box office: $610m

only surprise is it took so long

spronk

FPS noob
saw this last night, not as good as the first one but worth a watch if you liked the first one. didn't really need to be made but hollywood yadda yadda. Wanted to do something special for the wife so cooked a nice sea bass dinner with grilled veggies and we rewatched the first one over the weekend, she was super happy about it all. saw this movie in theaters last night and she was crying at times from happiness, it really is a mother/daughter movie much more so than the first one. it didn't really connect with me in any meaningful way but Lilly James (Downton Abbey) plays a young Meryl Streep and dear god Ms. James is hotter than a fiery sun, so it was pleasant watching her on screen even when I was bored.

Cher makes a cameo and jesus christ I totally understand now why trannies and gay men love her, she looks like a super saiyan power level 9000 tranny. the theater was packed (mostly chicks) and everyone was crying and clapping when she sang and all I could do was not die laughing, it looked totally like something out of some dragonball Z anime shit since she looks like a fucking real doll.

if your gf/wife/mistress loves abba, dancing, or musicals she will love this movie and you'll score a lot of waifu points taking her to see it

Szlia

When exiting my screening of Skyscraper the other day that only had a couple dozen viewers (the average action movie watcher goes to dubbed screenings I guess, also summer + week day + movie out for a couple weeks), a human flood was leaving another screening: that crowd was for Mamma Mia 2. I am going to guess they will do ok with that one too.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
saw this last night, not as good as the first one but worth a watch if you liked the first one. didn't really need to be made but hollywood yadda yadda. Wanted to do something special for the wife so cooked a nice sea bass dinner with grilled veggies and we rewatched the first one over the weekend, she was super happy about it all. saw this movie in theaters last night and she was crying at times from happiness, it really is a mother/daughter movie much more so than the first one. it didn't really connect with me in any meaningful way but Lilly James (Downton Abbey) plays a young Meryl Streep and dear god Ms. James is hotter than a fiery sun, so it was pleasant watching her on screen even when I was bored.

Cher makes a cameo and jesus christ I totally understand now why trannies and gay men love her, she looks like a super saiyan power level 9000 tranny. the theater was packed (mostly chicks) and everyone was crying and clapping when she sang and all I could do was not die laughing, it looked totally like something out of some dragonball Z anime shit since she looks like a fucking real doll.

if your gf/wife/mistress loves abba, dancing, or musicals she will love this movie and you'll score a lot of waifu points taking her to see it
Sea bass, check. Grilled veggies, check. Mama Mia downloaded and on plex, check!

This weekend gonna be LIT boys!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
ABBA are practically royalty here in Australia. Kinda our version of Beatle mania.

They had a special on TV in the mid 70's . . . more people watched that than the moon landing!! Think about that, more wanted to watch that, than watched the moon landing.

When TV producer Reg Grundy brought them out for a promotional visit in 1976, the resulting TV special drew higher ratings than the 1969 moon landing and was repeated multiple times for an insatiable public.

What made Australians the world's most feverish Abba fans?

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database