[Manga] Bleach (spoilers to current)

atalakas

Golden Knight of the Realm
Kinda makes sense, since everyone always seems to be scared of her when ever her temper flairs just a tiny bit.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Bleach is worse than all your ex-girlfriends combined. I can't stop going back.

I'm more curious about Shunsui calling her Unohana Yachiru more than anything.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Hmm, Yachiru was named Yachiru cause that was the name of the only person Kenpachi ever admired. I wonder if the original Yachiru he named mini after was Unohana? Maybe her being the first Kenpachi isn't Shinsui's only reason for choosing her to teach him the sword.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Seems like the popular speculation at this point. One of the RG (Elvis dude with the healing spa) pretty much spat out her name Retsu with heavy sarcasm when he admonished her for staying on the sidelines during the Vandereich invasion. Retsu means is something like killer, violence, etc. So I guess we should have seen that one coming. They gave away Shunsui's full name so dropping the bomb at the end with Unohana seems fitting. All that crap for 10 years about everyone being scared of her makes sense now.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I wonder if her Bankai/Shikai have other "uses" than just helpfully healing wounds. I seriously doubt a Kenpachi would end up with such a benevolent sword. Hopefully their is more to it, it would be the first interesting twist in bleach since we found out Aizen was behind everything going on in soul society.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Maybe she doesn't like killing but was damn good at it. See that's the thing about Zaraki, he loves to fight. But there is a big difference between fighting and killing. He often doesn't kill his opponent. He'll walk away if he thinks his opponent is beaten and can't go on fighting. That's why she is going to teach him the art of killing.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Basically they are explaining her not fighting as if she does she goes fucking mental? Yamaji wanted her to not go our against the Vandenreich because the consequences of her being forced to fight are too great?

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
What they really need to do is get Kenpachi to learn how to talk with his fuckin sword. When that happens and he can fully use his Shikai - game over.

Pollo

Silver Knight of the Realm
Maybe she doesn't like killing but was damn good at it. See that's the thing about Zaraki, he loves to fight. But there is a big difference between fighting and killing. He often doesn't kill his opponent. He'll walk away if he thinks his opponent is beaten and can't go on fighting. That's why she is going to teach him the art of killing.
Whut?

spvepv.jpg

spvepv.jpg

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just realized that this whole royal realm thing is just like the heaven arc in dragon ball z. And yeah kubo always said that unohana was one of the most powerful shinigami's in ss. The old data books had her power close to yamamoto. I have to admit bleach is actually more interesting to read right now then naruto. Funny how better a manga is when a mangaka isnt trying to milk a single fight over months.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
He kills unworthy trash. Girio and the three gimp Vandereichs are a good example. Tousen, Ichigo, Yammy, especially Nnoitra are examples of where he's in it for the thrill of the fight against strong opponents. Not so much for trash. He kill em and moves on. In that chapter, after he wipes him away, he was about just head back to SS before Yachiru reminded him of the Yamamoto's orders to stay.

spvepv.jpg

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
Reaction to this week's manga: About fucking time he comes a little clean about her.

Anyone ready to double-down on Unohana being a yin-yang shinigami, meaning her zanpaktou has life/death modes?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I will go with that. Her shikai is for healing, while her bankai is pure killing insanity. Most likely no one wants to see her get mad, and why she is always shown to be calm. I wouldn't mind several issues of Bleach dealing with the training of Zarakai, and the restructuring of SS by Shinsui.

Shinsensakana

Trakanon Raider
I told my wife (she watched the anime with me while we were living Japan together) that Yamamoto Genryuusai is dead for good since Shinsui got the promotion to Commander. She then replied " Did he die of old age?" and that was probably the best moment I had in Bleach for a while.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Hmmm, I like where he's going here - with each of the Zero Squad being important beyond measure for something. I like how in one line though Kubo completely obliterated that entire filler arc with the half green/half blond haired guy that claimed to have been the creator of the Mod Soul/Artificial Soul.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Hmmm, I like where he's going here - with each of the Zero Squad being important beyond measure for something. I like how in one line though Kubo completely obliterated that entire filler arc with the half green/half blond haired guy that claimed to have been the creator of the Mod Soul/Artificial Soul.
It's a filler for a reason, lol.