[Manga] One Piece - Spoilers up to the most recent Chapter.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
I love One Piece but I feel this last arc was pretty bad. I really didn't care about the giant children and the enemies just felt like they should be no match for the strawhats. It just made the whole thing rather boring compared to many of the pre-skip arcs. Hoping the Don Flamingo/Big Mam stuff starts soon or that Oda can build up the next bad guy a little better.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
The problem is, there is literally so much shit going on, that it's difficult to keep up. Oda has a knack for splitting the team up and each one having their own separate battles. When it's this case, the anime is great to watch because it's faster. Downside of that, though, is they have to fill up the time. It's a great arc. But, it's very long.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
It's been so long since the timeskip and we still have no idea what the hell happened to everyone. What happened to Zoro's eye (did he awaken his sharingan?) etc. The manga has too much shit going on indeed, reading it can be really confusing. Still, last frame of the last chapter made me smile
smile.png

smile.png

smile.png

MsBehavn_sl

has an outie
I love the anime, I read the manga, but jesus the artwork has so much going on. :/ I do love me some One Piece though the latest arc seems weak. :/

Phaint_sl

shitlord
Well now either they are going to come up with a way to somehow free everyone frozen in carbonite or Kinemon's strange strange fruit is going to save him somehow. Good chapter, wonder if Franky is going to be able to stop them from taking Ceasar's body at least until Law gets there and cleans up shop.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Young Master? She called him that? Doesn't that represent some kind of actual royalty?

Phaint_sl

shitlord
Dunno, but Doflamingo surely scares the shit out of his minions so much that they are willing to sacrifice themselves like this. Hmm I still thought Monet was going to do a Nico Robin and switch sides, guess not.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Looks like DF can fly and is heading for Luffy. I liked the el swapparoo with Law, though Caesar is a tard if he didn't even think that was possible.

Phaint_sl

shitlord
Great chapter! Yeah the swap was predictable but awesome nonetheless, Ceasar's so full of himself that he wouldn't think Law would willingly give up Monets heart to protect Smoker. Hmm Doflamingo is either flying or hopping on the water or some shit but it's going to be on when he gets there, I can't wait!

Intox_sl

shitlord
My money is he uses his invisible puppet strings to drag him self through the air. I would venture a guess that the yonkou they go for is Kaidou he takes crew members from other pirates gives them artificial DFs. Those DFs are corrupted so Kaidou can control them, when the time is right DD will take this army(like when we see DD's face when Momo was first introduced) so he can steal the yonkou's army and be in position to rule the new world with his giant zoan army and a WMD that CC created. If any of this is remotely right he is steps ahead of anyone else when it comes to his goal. The marines don't mess with him because he is a warlord, has a zoan army that is being built and protected by a yonkou and can be controlled, and he has the black market that is supplying cash and a huge weapon. Dude is more then just a threat he seems like one of the end game guys. I don't think he will fall or be defeated in the current arc.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
This arc was pretty good. Glad to see we're finally wrapping it up and moving on.
Don Flamingo is showing up (I guess I could be assuming this), I don't think it's that close to being wrapped up unless he misses finding them at the island.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Yeah, this is interesting. Wonder if Don Flamingo will be the "main boss" of this arc; similar to Enel in Skypiea, Lucci in Enies Lobby, etc. It does make sense. However, Flamingo seems like such a big player to go out of this arc.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Meh, not a fan of him, I wouldn't mind seeing him beaten at this point in the story. I don't like him much as a villain, he seems like a much better fit for a neutral character.

Orange_sl

shitlord
New chapter should be coming as early as this Sat/Sun. No later than Tues/Wed.

Yeah, this is interesting. Wonder if Don Flamingo will be the "main boss" of this arc; similar to Enel in Skypiea, Lucci in Enies Lobby, etc. It does make sense. However, Flamingo seems like such a big player to go out of this arc.
This is what it feels like. It's starting to feel strangely akin to the Alabasta arc, with a long build up with a giant villain introduced, with multiple mini-arcs following into one big one. Punk Hazard just feels like the start.

Funny tidbit. Next chapter is 700. Every 100 chapters there has been something significant happening in the manga. New chapter can't get here soon enough.

fuzzywuzzy_sl

shitlord
I stopped reading the manga about 2 years ago (end of fishman island arc) but still follow the anime til the latest episode (fillers =<). I read that the gap between the anime and manga is getting smaller so the fillers will have to get longer. is this true?

satael

Silver Squire
If you churn out an episode each week and release a chapter of manga at the same rate it's bound to happen even if they do their best to stretch out the fights etc. (I did the opposite some years ago and stopped watching the anime and just stuck to the manga)

Woffer

Lord Nagafen Raider
Punk Hazard is the current arc in the manga but that is getting close to the end. Since they only did a short filler in the anime then went straight to PH i would assume they feel safe in being able to finish that arc without any breaks... We will still have 10 min of intro song and recaps though.