Poll MARCH - Retro GoTM: Final Fantasy Tactics Ogre

What game shall we play!

• Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back - SNES (and Atari for bonus fun!)

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Dragon Force - SEGA Saturn

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Pokemon! - Game Boy - Red / Blue (eh I guess yellow)

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Tactics Ogre: Let us cling together - SNES PS PSP ramkes etc

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • Betrayal at Krondor - PC MS-DOS-Windowsvia GOG ver (Read the book Krondor: The Betrayal for +nerd!)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Tactics Ogre:

tactics ogre.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

PunieHop

<Banned>
The only one of these games I've beaten is Pokémon Blue, which I certainly loved as a kid but wouldn't want to go back to now when I have multiple more modern generations of Pokémon still waiting for some attention. The only other one I've played is Star Wars: ESB but I'd like to be given an excuse to try to beat it after finding it overly difficult decades ago.

Second vote was for Tactics Ogre. I don't think I have the SNES one but I'm pretty sure I have the PS1 and N64 versions. I've never played them, but I've heard good things.

Szlia

PunieHop PunieHop The game you have on N64 might be Ogre Battle 64, which is a different game in the serie (a sorta remake of the SNES Ogre Battle?). Tactics Ogre is available on PSP, PlayStation, SNES, Wii, Saturn and Wii U.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
only one of these games I've beaten is Pokémon Blue, which I certainly loved as a kid but wouldn't want to go back to now when I have multiple more modern generations of Pokémon still waiting for some attention

The GameBoy Advance version of Pokemon Red/Blue, particularly with one of the fan made patches that allows for catching all 151 Pokemon without trading, makes for an interesting spin on it. It's more what I had in mind when I nominated it.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
The ROM I have for the SNES with English Translation locks up before the first fight. Any idea what the issue could be with that? I do have the game on PSP (which is fine I guess).

where'd you get the ROM from? maybe try downloading it again -- Vimm's Lair: Preserving the Classics rocks for downloading retro ROMs.

what emulator program did you try? maybe try a different one?

Rude

Potato del Grande
where'd you get the ROM from? maybe try downloading it again -- Vimm's Lair: Preserving the Classics rocks for downloading retro ROMs.

what emulator program did you try? maybe try a different one?
I'll give that a shot tomorrow. Can't remember the old site I downloaded it from but will do this one. The emulators I have are ZNES and SNES9X I think. Tried throwing the rom on the mini super Nintendo and it would lock up too.

Siliconemelons

I chose to only vote for one and tied things up, may the gods sort this out.

or well, anyone who votes really.

Therage

Vyemm Raider
Pokemon (id do a nuzlock) and betrayal was what I voted for. Never heard of kondor so figured pc game might be fun

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I actually still own SW:ESB for SNES, but fucked if I'm gonna vote for it. It's the best SW game of the time, but it is painfully difficult. I don't have the patience I did back in the day to endure annoyingly challenging side scrollers.

I absolutely am not going to run Dragon Force again. Played that when it came out, never beat it. Tried to pick it up in last five years and couldn't get myself to play past the intro area.

Not voting for Pokémon. Haven't played any of them since original red, blue, and yellow. And I put in plenty of hours into yellow.

Probably vote Tactics Ogre as it's the one I would dislike playing the least.

Never played Krondor, but heard of it. Wasn't into that style of game until Baldur's Gate, but that was 5 years later. Might give it a download.