Marijuana Legalization

Fuse

<Donors Crew>
Reactions
23 0 0 0
I-502 went into effect in Washington today, making it legal to posess up to an ounce of marijuana.

This is what the Seattle Police Department had to say about it:

Seattle PD_sl said:
"But the police department believes that, under state law, you may responsibly get baked, order some pizzas and enjoy a Lord of the Rings marathon in the privacy of your own home, if you want to."
http://spdblotter.seattle.gov/2012/1...tion-of-i-502/

Sparko

Knight of the Realm
9h 20m
Reactions
28 34 0 0
Too bad they can't buy it anywhere legally.
Pretty sure I read that the state is going to setup dispensary's and tax the living shit out of it like they do beer and cigarettes.

Destante

Knight of the Realm
18d 18h 42m
Reactions
1 0 0 0
Here in Colorado the amendment was signed yesterday and the law will be passed no later than Jan 5th. Talk is up to a year to work out the legislation and zoning of dispensaries after that.

TecKnoe

Lord Nagafen Raider
1d 17h 23m
Reactions
24 6 0 0
I jus want to smoke and grow my motherfucking pot in fucking peace and quiet, im not hurting nobody i go to work everyday come home and enjoy smoking a few j's no different than Wakandans sippin on wine.

anybody from CT read anything into the legalization of medical here, and how to go about getting a card and such, I have crohn's so im pretty much guaranteed a card kinda sad we cant grow 6 plants for self use though.

Lenas

Tread Lightly
<Donors Crew>
1d 22h 35m
Reactions
937 88 0 0
1 plant is more than enough for a single person haha. Two if you want to have them on rotation.

Reactions
1 0 0 0
1 plant is more than enough for a single person haha. Two if you want to have them on rotation.
I would argue that having to grow constantly like that for what could amount to only an ounce per plant of usable cannabis per harvest indoors (3 to 4 months from cutting to harvest depending on the strain) is not reasonable.

Zaara

undead fetishist
5d 13h 52m
Reactions
1,697 350 0 0
For upcoming happy shoppers in sunny Seattle. Used this to do a bit of strain shopping and I can't say it was wrong the few times it was applicable.

http://www.leafly.com/explore

Reactions
0 0 0 0
Although I do not smoke, and I've seen pot do some stupid shit to people I know, I still fully support its complete legalization. I don't think this country has the moral authority to police its usage. And I firmly believe we need to industrialize hemp in the country stat. Industrial hemp is pretty fucking amazing.

TecKnoe

Lord Nagafen Raider
1d 17h 23m
Reactions
24 6 0 0
Yeah i know 1-3 plants is fine for personal use, jus was curious if anyone knew about when it would be legal in CT, i personally smoke about a ounce or two a month if i let my GF smoke while shes not going to school.

Pops

Baron of the Realm
Reactions
17,093 924 0 0
As a 40 year pothead can't come soon enough.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
<Donors Crew>
1d 5h 36m
Reactions
787 181 0 0

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
<Donors Crew>
12d 15h 5m
Reactions
2,410 279 0 0
Yeah i know 1-3 plants is fine for personal use, jus was curious if anyone knew about when it would be legal in CT,i personally smoke about a ounce or two a monthif i let my GF smoke while shes not going to school.
Holy shit, dude. That's nuts. That's college amounts of smoking.

Fuse

<Donors Crew>
Reactions
23 0 0 0
I wonder how many millions in lobbying money are being spent right now to try stem the tide of legalization?
I'm suprised that tobacco dosen't lobby for legalization. With less and less people smoking cigs it would be a natural progression for them, not that I could imagine ever smoke shit Phillip Morris put out. Maybe American Spirit...

TheBeagle

<Donors Crew>
21d 8h 48m
Reactions
9,642 237 0 0
Can big tobacco lobby for anything these days? I thought they were pretty marginalized these days.