Marijuana Legalization

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
43d 14h 32m
Yeah there is still other substances that you inhale as a vaper, not just pure nic, and im aware of this, but being a smoker for over 20 yrs, ill gladly take the minimal risks from vaping vs smoking tobacco. Im happy as hell that i switched. My taste is back, I feel better overall, my wheezing is gone, the cough is gone. I dont wake up after a night of drinking and vaping feeling like I have a truck parked on my chest.

I also mix my own stuff and roll my own coils and use only pure jap cotton. So I know exactly what goes into this. But im no fool and I know that this is still an uncharted area that long term studies have not delved into, but they also have not delved into long term studies of MJ either.

Point being that this blanket statement your insurance classifies you as a "tobacco user" because you tested pos for nic, is not that simple. There are other ways to get nic other than smking it. You can chew gum, vape, patch, or even dab some nic juice, lol. And they are not all the same, especially when it waspretty much proven that the delivery system itself kills, not the nic itself.

Same will be for MJ, which already has tons of way to be uploaded to your body. you can eat it, you can vape it, etc...

Last edited:
Reactions: chthonic-anemos

James

Molten Core Raider
40d 16h 22m
Don't they just rely on self selection for determining cigarette smoking status? I've never been tested by my health insurance, anyway. I'd imagine it'd be similar to marijuana smokers, just a simple question "do you smoke marijuana, if so how often."

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
43d 14h 32m
Well thats how it used to be, they just used to ask us on our forums. But now they do "biometric" testing in which they do blood tests among other things for nic. Im telling you dude, next step is you pay more for being fat, its coming.

For instance if you do not do the biometric testing, you automatically pay the tobacco user prices, which is about 2x price of a non smoker. So yeah you can opt out of this, but with a severe penalty.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
43d 14h 32m
LOL, good luck with that one. considering how many people are deemed "obese" in our society. Do I think they should be? Fuck yeah!

Qhue

Vyemm Raider
15d 3h 39m
Opening of recreational shops in MA is slower than expected, still only two shops open with only 2 more before New Years now and none in Boston itself until perhaps fall 2019.

The second week of sales data is available and sales totaled $2.6 million for the second week of recreational sales. Pretty good considering there's only the two shops open. Hopefully the realization that a township of 11k people got ~$45k in direct-to-city local excise tax in a week will prod more municipalities into action. Every $1 from weed excise taxes is another $1 of property taxes not needed. Could easily result in some substantial reduction on property taxes for some areas.

Rod-138

Lord Nagafen Raider
17d 17h 19m
Life insurance underwriter told me they use it like an algorithm whereas it doesn’t necessarily move you into a more risky bracket, but it could if xyz are present also.

Xyz being things like also drinking, bad credit (actually weighs higher than I thought for life expectancies), and something like a recent surgery.

The big fear is still early ODs from oxy so if you’re thinking about getting insurance, then do it before the surgery or a year after !

LachiusTZ

Date the ban will be lifted: Never
39d 12h 37m
Marijuana was voted in two years ago in Arkansas.

They still haven't heard who is getting dispensary licenses.

Fucking joke. All the cultivator licenses went to political people.

Tripamang

Molten Core Raider
25d 43m
Yeah, upper respiratory thing makes sense to me, they're inhaling smoke after all, but I'm unaware of how much that applies on average to marijuana smokers -- smoking once a week vs three bowls a day I'd imagine would be a huge difference in terms of upper respiratory problems, and I'd assume that most marijuana users in a legal world would be closer to the former than the latter.

You know, I thought I saw a study showing that nicotine exacerbates conditions needed for cancer, but I can't find it now and it looks like that might be bullshit.
I smoke to help myself get to sleep and it's usually .25-.5g (half oz a month) before bed every night. It takes about 8-10 weeks before I start feeling dryness in the back of my throat, which is probably where the immune system issues are coming from. When I get to that point I just take a break until my throat starts feeling normal again and the issues go away. I used to just power through it but you can feel the drying out getting worse and worse and I did find myself getting any sort of cold that a coworker brought into work. I did find that gargling with alcohol based mouth wash provided temporary relief but eventually I could feel the dryness so far down in my throat that I couldn't gargle to get rid of it.

This was all with a vaporizer, I have to imagine that it happens more quickly if you're smoking it.

Cybsled

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
14d 7h 55m
Wait, fat people don't pay more right now?! That's outrageous.
At my job, you pay less premiums if you do certain health screening things. You get points for BMI, cholesterol, blood sugar, etc. enough points and you end up paying hundreds less over the year.

Mahes

Molten Core Raider
8d 9h 29m
I smoke to help myself get to sleep and it's usually .25-.5g (half oz a month) before bed every night. It takes about 8-10 weeks before I start feeling dryness in the back of my throat, which is probably where the immune system issues are coming from. When I get to that point I just take a break until my throat starts feeling normal again and the issues go away. I used to just power through it but you can feel the drying out getting worse and worse and I did find myself getting any sort of cold that a coworker brought into work. I did find that gargling with alcohol based mouth wash provided temporary relief but eventually I could feel the dryness so far down in my throat that I couldn't gargle to get rid of it.

This was all with a vaporizer, I have to imagine that it happens more quickly if you're smoking it.
I wonder if the dryness would build up if you vaped every other night. Given the laws, I rarely can use and so do not have any experience with daily use. I presume, given the measurement used, that you vape herbs and not the oil.

Punko

Shitpost connoisseur
<Gold Donor>
20d 20h 18m
Luxemburg has legalised sale.

It won't be too long before Europe follows suit. Most of Europe has always followed the U.S. model, except with 5-10 years of delays.

I have to drive 100 miles (consider how small Euroland is) to buy weed in a coffeeshop. Every time I arrive, the parking lot is filled with fellow Belgian license plates.

Market potential is huge, but not as huge as the tax potential. I imagine at least 250% taxation.

Dom

So, I found a strain that is working almost perfectly for what I want it to do, but I need a way to narrow down an equivalent oil. Is it as simple as finding something with the same THC/CBD, or are there other factors to consider when comparing oil and normal weed?

pharmakos

bµɐʁwɐʞoƨ
<Bronze Donator>
29d 7h 47m
So, I found a strain that is working almost perfectly for what I want it to do, but I need a way to narrow down an equivalent oil. Is it as simple as finding something with the same THC/CBD, or are there other factors to consider when comparing oil and normal weed?
There are a ton of factors besides THC/CBD ratio, look up the "entourage effect.". There are dozens if not hundreds of lesser cannabinoids and terpenoids that affect the high. The only way to be sure to match the effect of that strain with oil would be to do an oil extract OF that strain. And even then it'll probably be experientially different.

Getting a similar THC:CBD ratio is your best bet otherwise, but don't be surprised when it's still a pretty different high.

Dom

There are a ton of factors besides THC/CBD ratio, look up the "entourage effect.". There are dozens if not hundreds of lesser cannabinoids and terpenoids that affect the high. The only way to be sure to match the effect of that strain with oil would be to do an oil extract OF that strain. And even then it'll probably be experientially different.

Getting a similar THC:CBD ratio is your best bet otherwise, but don't be surprised when it's still a pretty different high.
Might work out for the better. The stuff I'm smoking amplifies minor aches and pains, so maybe I can get something without that aspect.

The benefits I'm getting are the right mix of mood and focus adjustment. Ive been struggling with being able to focus or immerse myself in anything since my Chemo, which makes it impossible to really enjoy games or movies in a full way. This stuff has me sitting in front of path of exile like a fat kid in front of a cake. It's almost miraculous in the difference. I can feel the same vibe to existence that I used to have. Shit is definitely a wonder drug on many ways. My only big problem is that smoking it makes it impossible to get the right dose, and I too often overdue it and just knock myself on my ass as I'm a lightweight for it. (one long toke and I'm done) hoping that oil will allow for more precision.

pharmakos

bµɐʁwɐʞoƨ
<Bronze Donator>
29d 7h 47m
Might work out for the better. The stuff I'm smoking amplifies minor aches and pains, so maybe I can get something without that aspect.

The benefits I'm getting are the right mix of mood and focus adjustment. Ive been struggling with being able to focus or immerse myself in anything since my Chemo, which makes it impossible to really enjoy games or movies in a full way. This stuff has me sitting in front of path of exile like a fat kid in front of a cake. It's almost miraculous in the difference. I can feel the same vibe to existence that I used to have. Shit is definitely a wonder drug on many ways. My only big problem is that smoking it makes it impossible to get the right dose, and I too often overdue it and just knock myself on my ass as I'm a lightweight for it. (one long toke and I'm done) hoping that oil will allow for more precision.
how are you planning on consuming the oil? generally, oil is HARDER to dose precisely... sort of like liquor vs. beer.

for titrating your dose via smoking, keep in mind that peak THC concentration in your blood doesn't happen for 20 minutes after smoking. not sure if you've been "smoking til you're high" but that's not the way to do it. just like it takes 20 minutes for your stomach to tell your brain you're full after a meal.

Dom

how are you planning on consuming the oil? generally, oil is HARDER to dose precisely... sort of like liquor vs. beer.

for titrating your dose via smoking, keep in mind that peak THC concentration in your blood doesn't happen for 20 minutes after smoking. not sure if you've been "smoking til you're high" but that's not the way to do it. just like it takes 20 minutes for your stomach to tell your brain you're full after a meal.
Hadn't got further than assuming oil could just be measured and consumed.

Smoking it at the moment is via a one-shot and only that once (so no doubling down) but the effects vary drastically based on not just how much is packed into it, but how deep and how long I inhale. I need consistency so I can narrow down to the right amount, thus the desire for oil.

pharmakos

bµɐʁwɐʞoƨ
<Bronze Donator>
29d 7h 47m
Hadn't got further than assuming oil could just be measured and consumed.

Smoking it at the moment is via a one-shot and only that once (so no doubling down) but the effects vary drastically based on not just how much is packed into it, but how deep and how long I inhale. I need consistency so I can narrow down to the right amount, thus the desire for oil.
well, if you're getting that much of an effect off of a single hit from a oneie, you're going to have an extremely hard time measuring out a small enough dose of oil. sounds like even a single drop of oil might end up still getting you in the too-high range. the dose you'd be aiming for is a fraction of a milliliter, to put it in perspective.

you might just have to get a weaker strain of bud.

maybe you could get a weaker strain, or even some sort of different smokable herb altogether, and mix in some of your current marijuana with it, to dilute it? like, maybe mix 2 grams of mullein with 1 gram of marijuana and try smoking that.