Marijuana Legalization

Dom

Blackwing Lair Raider
Reactions
7,940 1,609 0 0
well, if you're getting that much of an effect off of a single hit from a oneie, you're going to have an extremely hard time measuring out a small enough dose of oil. sounds like even a single drop of oil might end up still getting you in the too-high range. the dose you'd be aiming for is a fraction of a milliliter, to put it in perspective.

you might just have to get a weaker strain of bud.

maybe you could get a weaker strain, or even some sort of different smokable herb altogether, and mix in some of your current marijuana with it, to dilute it? like, maybe mix 2 grams of mullein with 1 gram of marijuana and try smoking that.
I'd rather not be smoking anything at all. I didn't quit smoking for nothing. Will look more into managing low doses. Thanks.

Tripamang

<Donors Crew>
15d 13h 3m
Reactions
821 40 0 0
Dom Dom if you know the strain you like you can create something called "Phoenix Tears" with a simple alcohol extraction. You take the weed you want to extract from, place it into a glass jar with a lid, add enough 93%+ alcohol to cover the weed. You then let that sit for awhile so all the cannabinoids/terpenes dissolve into the alcohol and I've seen people suggested letting it sit anywhere from 24 hours to a month but I imagine 24 hours is more than enough. You then separate the alcohol from the weed, throw the weed away then put the alcohol into a double boiler and burn off all the alcohol until you have a thick dark material left. Be sure to do this using an exhaust fan or outside, the alcohol vapor burning off will explode/burn if it's ignited. You can then suck the oil into syringes for storage and once you figure out the dose you'll be able to measure it out using the syringe.

I wouldn't 100% take my instructions, there are probably youtube videos out there that do a better job of diving into how it works. I have heard a lot of people having success with using the oil when going through chemo.

pharmakos

bµɐʁwɐʞoƨ
<Donors Crew>
17d 19h 31m
Reactions
5,193 2,023 0 0
I'd rather not be smoking anything at all. I didn't quit smoking for nothing. Will look more into managing low doses. Thanks.
Yeah, even orally, oil is pretty hard to get the dose right on. Stomach contents and yada yada yada all affect it. Punko is probably right, vape with a syringe for dosing exact amounts is your best bet. If you want to bother with figuring all that out, anyway.

Tripamang

<Donors Crew>
15d 13h 3m
Reactions
821 40 0 0
Yeah, even orally, oil is pretty hard to get the dose right on. Stomach contents and yada yada yada all affect it. Punko is probably right, vape with a syringe for dosing exact amounts is your best bet. If you want to bother with figuring all that out, anyway.
I have heard that consuming it with something oily like peanut butter or better yet taking a small swig of cooking oil can make the effects more consistent. The oil preps your body to release the enzyme that converts the THC into the orally active form.

pharmakos

bµɐʁwɐʞoƨ
<Donors Crew>
17d 19h 31m
Reactions
5,193 2,023 0 0
I have heard that consuming it with something oily like peanut butter or better yet taking a small swig of cooking oil can make the effects more consistent. The oil preps your body to release the enzyme that converts the THC into the orally active form.
That is true. It's why Tim Leary loved "firecrackers"... A saltine crackers topped with cheese and a cannabis bud.

Just gotta make sure it's a small bite of food or oil, too much food ends up slowing it down more than it speeds it up.

Tripamang

<Donors Crew>
15d 13h 3m
Reactions
821 40 0 0
That is true. It's why Tim Leary loved "firecrackers"... A saltine crackers topped with cheese and a cannabis bud.

Just gotta make sure it's a small bite of food or oil, too much food ends up slowing it down more than it speeds it up.
I could never stomach those things, the weed just made me gag. I've used a magic butter (https://magicalbutter.com/) and it's pretty good for extractions and does a decent job of containing the smell. Up here in Canada land unless you're growing your own it's probably cheaper just to buy the commercially available oils. They're not terribly priced for the amount of THC you get and it's generally diluted enough in cooking oil that if you eat as is it works pretty consistently.

Fifey

Molten Core Raider
11d 21h 33m
Reactions
588 194 0 0
Hadn't got further than assuming oil could just be measured and consumed.

Smoking it at the moment is via a one-shot and only that once (so no doubling down) but the effects vary drastically based on not just how much is packed into it, but how deep and how long I inhale. I need consistency so I can narrow down to the right amount, thus the desire for oil.
I'm in the same boat as you, if I load a bowl/joint I always end up getting too high but with a vape pen it's pretty easy to control how you hit it, though it might take a little trial and error. Edibles are tricky as said cause it can digest at different rates.

Punko

<Donor All-Stars>
12d 22h 57m
Reactions
1,153 1,326 0 0
I could never stomach those things, the weed just made me gag.
Was that commercially grown stuff or homegrown?

The first is full of chemicals, people even use hairspray to add the impression of THC, the later I can eat like salad ..

Mahes

Lord Nagafen Raider
4d 8h 31m
Reactions
389 14 0 0
Well its a start.

The 0.3% limit is interesting. So to get the THC extract, you essentially have to grow 100 times the amount to equal one plant and that would be legal. How does banking work with this. I am guessing banks can only work with people who grow hemp but you could still make use of the extract? Never underestimate the determination of a person willing to game the system.

jayrebb

Vyemm Raider
9d 18h 25m
Reactions
2,080 475 0 0
I'm in the same boat as you, if I load a bowl/joint I always end up getting too high but with a vape pen it's pretty easy to control how you hit it, though it might take a little trial and error. Edibles are tricky as said cause it can digest at different rates.
Which pen are you using in particular?

I always steered clear of oil/concentrate because the vendor/dealer usually won't be honest about the processing. You want CO2 extracted and most are using butane from my understanding.

Mahes

Lord Nagafen Raider
4d 8h 31m
Reactions
389 14 0 0

I always steered clear of oil/concentrate because the vendor/dealer usually won't be honest about the processing. You want CO2 extracted and most are using butane from my understanding.
This exactly. I understand that cost is always a factor but why not offer both avenues and let the consumer choose. I presume using a CO2 extract cost more to produce, so why not just charge the difference in cost? Let the consumer make the choice on whether or not they want the product. Unlike catch phrases such as "organic", butane extract is actually a lot more dangerous over time. If I were to use oil, I would have no problem paying a little more to compensate for the process.

Xerge

Lord Nagafen Raider
2d 21h 21m
Reactions
53 13 0 0
From my understanding CO2 and butane are actually two different extraction methods. CO2 is safer to perform and pulls strictly THC during the extract while butane pulls all the chemicals however comes with procedural risks like blowing up mama's basement. CO2 runs can be done in an apartment while butane I wouldn't suggest doing inside. I really enjoy both CO2 and butane equally as the actually pull different chemical sets from the extract.

I personally turn 100$ CAD ounces into oil using the 99% ISO evap. method. The bang for your buck is amazing and can be done inside in about 2 hours.

Debunking the BHO Stigma: A Scientist’s Take on Butane Hash Oil vs. CO2 Extraction - CULTURE | MERRY JANE

Fifey

Molten Core Raider
11d 21h 33m
Reactions
588 194 0 0

I have any random pen that takes a cartridge, granted I was spoiled living in Oregon so its not some dude making sketchy extracts in his garage.
20181227_125712.jpg

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
1h 1m
Reactions
1,871 117 0 0
Well in MI we have legal dispenseries everywhere, in a city of 20,000 people we have over a dozen. The weed is all terrible though with some kind of vague explanation of "Logistically we're only getting the stuff california and colorado rejects at the moment". Real disappointed.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
1h 1m
Reactions
1,871 117 0 0
I have any random pen that takes a cartridge, granted I was spoiled living in Oregon so its not some dude making sketchy extracts in his garage.
View attachment 187563
I liked these for being discreet but I rarely felt "high" off of them

Fifey

Molten Core Raider
11d 21h 33m
Reactions
588 194 0 0
I liked these for being discreet but I rarely felt "high" off of them
My friend says the same thing but he has an unreal tolerance, for light smokers like myself its great. A gram cartridge will last me like a month.

pharmakos

bµɐʁwɐʞoƨ
<Donors Crew>
17d 19h 31m
Reactions
5,193 2,023 0 0
Well in MI we have legal dispenseries everywhere, in a city of 20,000 people we have over a dozen. The weed is all terrible though with some kind of vague explanation of "Logistically we're only getting the stuff california and colorado rejects at the moment". Real disappointed.
I get good local stuff in Michigan. In the Saginaw Bay Area.