Marvel's Luke Cage

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
4.50 star(s) Rating: 4.50/5 2 Votes
Title: Marvel's Luke Cage

Genre: Drama, Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Action & Adventure

First aired: 2016-09-30

Creator: Cheo Hodari Coker

Cast: Mike Colter, Simone Missick, Alfre Woodard, Rosario Dawson, Theo Rossi

Overview: Given superstrength and durability by a sabotaged experiment, a wrongly accused man escapes prison to become a superhero for hire.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Think this is Marvel's hardest nut to crack, Luke's kind of a boring character unless he's in a supporting role. If they use his series to start tying Daredevil and Jessica Jones together along with using 80's/90's New York hip hop aesthetic of stuff like Nas/Mobb Deep/Mos Def/Wu-tang/Rakim think they might have something, other then that not sure how to make him terribly interesting especially since he's not Dad Cage yet with Jessica.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Think this is Marvel's hardest nut to crack, Luke's kind of a boring character unless he's in a supporting role. If they use his series to start tying Daredevil and Jessica Jones together along with using 80's/90's New York hip hop aesthetic of stuff like Nas/Mobb Deep/Mos Def/Wu-tang/Rakim think they might have something, other then that not sure how to make him terribly interesting especially since he's not Dad Cage yet with Jessica.
Jessica Jones was Marvel's toughest nut to crack. I've read comics my whole life, and I could barely remember her. At least Power Man has had his time in the light. He's an Avenger.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
How could they do 80's/90's? Wasn't Jessica Jones Season 1 set in modern day? I seem to recall smart phones in a lot of scenes.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just aesthetically, urban noir with 90's hip hop over top of it not set in the 90's. Jessica still had an interesting back story for her character while Luke is just a very normal guy with a set of generic superhero abilities, he's always been more interesting when he's paired up with Jessica, Danny or Misty. I'll give Marvel the benefit of the doubt as they haven't gone wrong yet with a character, I just find Luke to be incredibly boring.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
It needs more than 90's hip hop to make it Wirelike. We would need to see the story from whatever villains they opt for point of view in a way that makes us understand and relate to them to almost the point of sympathy. Daredevil came close this season when it gave us an Omar (The Punisher).

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
It needs more than 90's hip hop to make it Wirelike. We would need to see the story from whatever villains they opt for point of view in a way that makes us understand and relate to them to almost the point of sympathy. Daredevil came close this season when it gave us an Omar (The Punisher).
At Comic Con this weekend, the guys playing Foggy and the Punisher were at a Q&A session. Foggy stated that Luke Cage will be the best Marvel show by far to date. The host asked him if he wanted to retract his statement, and say it was #2. Foggy said, fuck it, I'm not retracting the statement. He said the genuine feeling at Netflix (even among the cast of those already in other shows) is that Luke Cage will kill the other shows.

Now I'm pumped.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I specifically came to this thread to say I lost my shit when I heard the opening cords ODB's Shimmy shimmy ya.. Only to find I won't be the only one hyped by the east coast flavor.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Have to say, that looks awesome. I would fucking kill to have Cap or Spider Man make a cameo in one of these. Honestly, Luke is on a level where it's hard to imagine he wouldn't get noticed by a group like the Avengers.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Hype level... Raw! Love the Netflix Marvel shows. Don't know shit about Luke Cage villians but don't care, these shows haven't let me down yet.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
It is a hilarious hallway fight great way to compare/contrast the dare devil ones. Luke is all about the slow rolling lack of fucks being given as he goes to work.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database