Marvel Snap (CCG by ex-Hearthstone devs)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
A new CCG by ex-Heartstones dev Ben Brodie and others.

Looks strange, small hand(12 cards), 3 minutes games, simultaneous turns.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I'm up for giving it a try but being mobile first seems like I won't be playing much, if at all beyond giving it a shot.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I hope this is good, but the state of Marvel Games is so sad.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
How'd they create a game after flannel-guy spent most of their budget on cocaine? Jesus christ.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Few people are streaming it on twitch right now, watched trump play for a little bit. Doesn't look very good at all

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Ben Brode could sell me testicular cancer, so I'll probably give this a shot

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
This game is quite fun. The sites makes it more complex than it it looks. Granted I only have a few days in as of now

agripa

Molten Core Raider
Nexus events are just a gacha and a scam not sure how they expect to build anything competitive out of this.

Last edited:

agripa

Molten Core Raider
Ben Brode and his team decided to refund everyone's money over the backlash from their GACHA Nexus event and give out the card for free. This was a pretty big surprise and evidence they listened to the community backlash and took it seriously.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
It only took a single day to tank after all the twitch shills stopped getting paid to play it so one could assume it's not that great. Fall off looks faster and higher than any CCG that I've seen released and now scrapes the bottom of the barrel with the rest of the mobile games that had 15 minutes of fame. Should be moved to the mobile gaming thread tbh.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I watched a bit, looks incredible shallow, enough so that I doubt I'll even give it a go

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
CCGs these days really need another dimension to them like Slay the Spire. It's a shame because really like the guy making this.

Who knows though maybe he can draw younger less experienced CCG fans on simplicity.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I really enjoy the short games and I'm a big fan of the board game Smash Up that this game kind of mimics.

As far as depth, it seems like the game is shallow to some extent, but that the more in-depth cards/combos don't unlock until later. Kind of a weird progression system and could definitely discourage experienced CCG fans.

Lots of fun for not having to spend tons of money. At least thats rare for CCGs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user