Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Release Date: July 19, 2019
Console: Switch exclusive

MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE 3: The Black Order for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Game Details

MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE 3: The Black Order for the Nintendo Switch™ system – Official Site

I played the shit out of MUA 1 and 2 on the original XBOX.

BUILD YOUR ALLIANCE
Which heroes will join your four-person party? Choose wisely: Each one has different abilities. Plus, members of specific groups can get extra bonuses for teaming up! If fewer than four people are playing, you can swap the character you’re controlling at any time.

TAG IN NEW HEROES
At certain spots called S.H.I.E.L.D. Points, you’ll be able to save your game, manage your heroes, and change out the characters in your party. Be sure to give everyone a shot!

LEVEL UP WITH INFINITY TRIALS
Infinity Trials are special missions with specific rules. Succeed and you could earn some very helpful items to use in the main campaign.

GET COMBAT-READY
To save the universe, you’re gonna have to bring out the big guns... not to mention swords, psychic blasts, and Asgardian hammers.
Every character has their own basic attacks and special moves.
Light attacks are quick and can be chained for combos.
Heavy attacks are more powerful but are performed one at a time.

USE AWESOME ABILITIES
Abilities are the special powers that put the “super” in Super Hero.
Each character has distinct abilities that can do major damage but take Energy Points (EP) to perform.

SYNERGIZE FOR EVEN MORE POWER
Combining your team’s abilities can create more powerful attacks than usual. This is called Synergy, and many different types can occur. Be sure to experiment with different heroes to see how their abilities synergize!

UNLEASH AN EXTREME ATTACK
Send foes running with an all-out strike using your heroes’ most powerful special attacks.
Each hero has a different Extreme attack that they can use when their Extreme Gauge is full.
If all four heroes launch their Extreme at the same time, a massive Ultimate Alliance Extreme will occur—devastating the enemy!

Untitled.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Yes, action RPG where you level up the various characters who have their own set of skills. A lot of the skills were very similar, but had different effects. Ironman and Cyclops beams. Skills could be upgraded and certain characters played better with others. Lightly worked similar to Mega Man in that you brought the right skill set to a particular encounter.

Does look like Marvel Future Fight, but without the microtransactions. Well, none that would slow your progression like mobile games do with "energy" these days.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Team Ninja is the developer too. Aside from the inclusion of shitty SJW Ms. Marvel it looks great.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
If its even close to the MUA2 game this will be an instant buy. I'm still cautiously optimistic because we haven't seen under the hood in terms of RPG elements yet such as leveling up/skills/abilities. They're keeping a lot of that info quiet but hopefully they give us something soon.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
2 was fire. Non gamer friends even jumped in. Do that shit again.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Team Ninja is the developer too. Aside from the inclusion of shitty SJW Ms. Marvel it looks great.
They use the same characters, and even art assets, across multiple Marvel games. Most of these characters are virtually identical to those in Marvel Strike Force, which also includes Ms. Marvel (who is obnoxiously powerful) and they just released America Chavez (Miss America), the biggest diversity hire ever.

spronk

FPS noob
looks fun, hope its not loaded out the ass with MTX

nintendo is running a promo until july 31st where you can buy a voucher for $100 and then you can pick 2 games to buy with that voucher. Some pre orders are included. This seems like a pretty good game to own digitally, I assume you can kinda play forever grinding and shit

Vorph

Yeah, I'm leaning towards this and FE3H for my vouchers. Partly because they're out next month and I have no patience, partly because they seem like they have a lot more longevity and Astral Chain looks more like a good candidate for GameFly.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I’d day one this if it was PS4 or PC.

• 1Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider
That trailer looks fucking terrible. Looks like an mobile game for your phone. I loved the first two, will wait and see. I wish Gazillion did not go belly up. ;( this looks like a amateur hour compared to Marvel Heroes.

I hope I am wrong.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Anyone playing this? The reviews seem to indicate its fun, but I am uncertain...

Vorph

Yeah, I used one of my vouchers on it last night. Took for-fucking-ever to download 13GB from Nintendo's shitty network though, so I've only played through the first mission with GotG and then the Raft up to the point where Venom unlocks. So far I'd say ACG's video sums it up pretty well:

Handheld mode is really rough (and being a Switch exclusive in general is a waste of a good IP), but other than that I don't see why anyone who liked the previous games wouldn't like this one. For those who don't want to go the voucher route the prime day sale ($50, prime members only) on the physical version is still live.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Anyone playing this? The reviews seem to indicate its fun, but I am uncertain...

Played it for a couple of hours or so with my kid, its decent. Combat is amusing enough. Not a lot of difficulty on the highest level difficulty (Easy and Normal at the beginning), though I hear a harder difficulty is unlocked after you beat the game but I dunno if that is true. All upgrades are fairly boring, %damage here, +stats there. Story seems decent with a lot of similarities to the movies and comics. The combat is fun. Not overly difficult but not mind-numbingly easy.

I would say this is a definite buy if you're interested in playing with friends/family and you love Marvel, and a rent (possibly a buy) if you're a solo gamer. There is enough side content to unlock and future DLC (characters/story/content) planned already that it doesn't seem like this game will just go away in a week or two.

Last edited:

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Nintendo service sucks balls. I can pull 30gb in like 15-20m off Steam. What is this shit.

20190719_115437.jpg

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah that download was brutal. Games fun though. Played for a couple hours last night and had to force myself to go to bed instead of playing. I can't pick which 4 heroes I want to play though.