Marvel's Cloak & Dagger

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Well, despite telling myself after season 1 that I wasn't sure I'd watch season 2, here I am watching it. Decent start so far I suppose. O'Reilly's character should shape up to be interesting, at least

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Well, despite telling myself after season 1 that I wasn't sure I'd watch season 2, here I am watching it. Decent start so far I suppose. O'Reilly's character should shape up to be interesting, at least

The show is OK. However the way its run works fine for the Cloak and Dagger characters. It's just a little over emo.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
The show is OK. However the way its run works fine for the Cloak and Dagger characters. It's just a little over emo.

Yeah target demographic is definitely like 16-21 year olds or so. Wish it was a bit more mature, but it's good for what it is.

My biggest compliant with season 1 was the pacing, there was a whole lot of just filler content. If season 2 can fix that then I think it'll be good enough for me to overlook the emo teen vibes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
This season is definitely better than S1 so far. This show is at it's best when it's doing the more... "Abstract" stuff like this most recent episode and the one two weeks ago .

The one two weeks ago even kind of reminded me of Twin Peaks, in a less mature sort of way.

Cybsled

All the Marvel shows are getting the axe. Runaways and now this. Could be ratings, but could also be Disney wanting to consolidate everything under Disney+.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
All the Marvel shows are getting the axe. Runaways and now this. Could be ratings, but could also be Disney wanting to consolidate everything under Disney+.
Marvel TV division was consolidated into the movie side. All current and in production stuff got canned. Feige is in charge of everything now.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I feel like this show really could have gone somewhere if it took the time to "grow up" along with it'd audience and started bring written for slightly older folk. I swear the creators were Twin Peaks fans, whenever they started getting towards something a bit more supernatural it got so good and weird. If they ever had started leaving the high school drama stuff behind it would have been wonderful. Oh well.