Marvel's Midnight Suns

Raes

Vyemm Raider
If this game is as moddable as Xcom 2, we can probably look forward to being able to play as any Marvel hero or villain. Can't wait to see some gameplay.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Wow, terrible cover song lol.

Can one of you nerds tell me who these people are? I don’t recognize half of them. Never mind I see that article names 9 of these 10. Just three I’ve never heard of and one they didn’t mention.

987D4FBD-E0C6-447D-ABB1-A2EC1CA56706.jpeg

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider

Can one of you nerds tell me who these people are? I don’t recognize half of them. Never mind I see that article names 9 of these 10. Just three I’ve never heard of and one they didn’t mention.

View attachment 369206
The one they dont mention is you, "The Hunter" the customizable character that will be the main PC

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

View attachment 369206
They are all in OC outfits,so its hard to tell. see your edit, but since you didn't share.

Dr. Strange, Magick, Ironman, Wolverine, Original character donutsteal (customizable PC), Ghost rider (Robbie Reyes), blade, Cap, Nico(from Runaways), Ms. Marvel.

xmen dating sim.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
What the fuck did they do to Ghostrider? Holy fuck, is he really that gay lookin' now?

If this played like X-Com I'd be all-in. An X-Com like game with Marvel characters/story sounds pretty amazing, honestly.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
based on character placement in the photo I'm not sure I will be that interested. The concept of it sounds great, the agenda of the creators will ruin it.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Not really digging the art choices they made, and when all that's demonstrated is art, that's not a good sign.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Not really digging the art choices they made, and when all that's demonstrated is art, that's not a good sign.

Yeah, dropping a cinematic trailer 1 week before the gameplay reveal is a terrible sign. :p

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've only preordered three games in my entire life and one of them was X-Com 2. Firaxis' X-Com team has done stellar work over the last decade and they've earned my trust well enough to not immediately start looking for reasons to assume the worst.

• 3Solidarity

Ragosh

Molten Core Raider
Neither video does it for me - although I'm a huge X-Com fan and like Marvel. All I could think of, was "I hope they didn't ditch X-Com 3 for this".

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, either way this probably pushes any X-Com 3 to being a 2023 title at the earliest depending on how much post-launch support they have planned for this.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Cards.

A shiver of doubt tingled down my spine.

Could be a good thing. Keep you from falling into the pattern of using the same few abilities over and over. Combat in Xcom 2 could get a bit repetitive mid/late game once you mastered alpha striking. My main concern is replayability, so mixing things up would work towards that. I'm hoping the relationship system stuff isn't too time consuming as I could see that really dragging things down with multiple playthroughs.

Edit:
At 11:30am PT / 7:30pm BST on September 7 (2:30am UTC+8 / 4:30am AET on September 8), the Hunter and Wolverine are teaming up against Sabretooth for a ferocious grudge match during the first ever gameplay stream of Marvel's Midnight Suns.

Last edited: