Mary Poppins sequel announced. Fuck you Hollywood.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Seriously, FUCK YOU. WHY???!!!

Disney 'to make Mary Poppins sequel' - BBC News

Disney is making a sequel to its 1964 classic Mary Poppins.

According to Entertainment Weekly (EW), the live-action film will be based on PL Travers' series of books about the no-nonsense but magical nanny.

EW reports the film will be directed by Rob Marshall (Into the Woods, Chicago) and will see Mary return to the Banks family in London.

Anne Hathaway is already favourite to land the lead role, according to bookmakers William Hill...

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
On a personal level this doesn't bother me at all, it's not like there isn't unused source material for this. Based on what I know of P.L. Travers's feelings on the original film though, I imagine her corpse is about to barrel roll itself into the center of the Earth.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Cannot stop imagining Anne Hathaway in a tight catwoman suit, not a good choice for Mary Poppins. Also, fuck Disney.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Excellent, will it be live action? We'll see how many people go see it on shrooms just for the weird trips that bitch is involved in.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
either i am numb, or i really have no issue with a Poppins sequel. its gonna be a disney film and they hold their classics very, very dear. they may make a meh sequel, but i am sure it will not be a travesty of shit. their worst movie, john carter isnt even bad, it was just dumb and everyone on mars had a stupid name. i like anne hathaway so bring on her as Poppins.

btw
julie andrews was a hottie in her time and has been topless in at least one movie, so you can have a sexy Poppins.

Seananigans

Potato del Grande
<Screenshotted>
I rewatched Mary Poppins for the first time in 15+ years about 6 months ago. It's really quite boring. Sound of Music on the other hand is fantastic, and I rewatch that around once a year. And yes, Andrews was hot.

iannis

Musty Nester
Poppins had the animation in it though. Van Dyke dancing with the penguins? Or am I thinking of Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang?

I haven't watched either one in ages. But yeah, Sound of Music does hold up. I'll watch that one all the way through every few years. Just cause it's pretty good.

It's a little bit strange to get a lead who can't sing, or at least isn't know for it -- she probably can sing and juggle (that's fairly basic actor training stuff), to play Mary Poppins.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I don't see the point, Mary Poppins is masterpiece. It cannot be improved upon, or followed on.

A sequel no matter how good it is, will be inferior to the original in every way.

And seriously, no one will top Julie Andrews. She was perfect in the role.

khorum

Murder Apologist
You made me google Julie Andrews boobs and I had to see the old ones.

You owe me young Julie Andrews boobs.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Poppins had the animation in it though. Van Dyke dancing with the penguins? Or am I thinking of Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang?

I haven't watched either one in ages. But yeah, Sound of Music does hold up. I'll watch that one all the way through every few years. Just cause it's pretty good.

It's a little bit strange to get a lead who can't sing, or at least isn't know for it -- she probably can sing and juggle (that's fairly basic actor training stuff), to play Mary Poppins.
It was both. Mary Poppins is weird because everyone has nothing but fond memories of it. But if you watch it, there's like 3/4 of the movie that is just BORING. Even the music is like that. Everyone remembers OH ITS A JOLLY 'OLIDAY WIF MAAAARY!!! but no one remembers the songs about being a poor kid or the one about the dads accounting business or whatever it is.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I hated that movie, and if you did, you are likely a gay.
rrr_img_109994.jpg

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I rewatched Mary Poppins for the first time in 15+ years about 6 months ago. It's really quite boring. Sound of Music on the other hand is fantastic, and I rewatch that around once a year. And yes, Andrews was hot.
I like Mary Poppins as well but the sound of music is indeed a classic.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Just goes to show that Nazis make everything better.