<Prior Amod>
slightly alien to me
Logan Paul Wow GIF by IMPAULSIVE

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Just finished X and Pearl. X was the better movie. Pearl was good but different style. X had some really good scenes and compositing or layering of events. Somewhat heavy handed but I liked it. Pearl seemed like an excuse to have Mia Goth carry a solo film and give her writing credits. Her monologue in it wasn't bad but fake country accents get on my nerves (see above). That chick must have issues though. It at least gives some perspective to the character in X, not at all required viewing unless you want to see the whole trilogy.

One of the last scenes of Pearl, her chasing the other chick with the axe, was really cool.

Then all I could see in the closing credits was Windowlicker by Aphex Twin.

1712687562962.png
1712689882613.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Just finished X and Pearl. X was the better movie. Pearl was good but different style.

I think they are all supposed to have their own style that they are playing off of. Texas Chainsaw Massacre for X, Technicolor-era movies for Pearl (only with the fucked up twist, obviously).

Pearl is always interesting to me, even though it is definitely a worse movie than X, its just neat that it was mostly made cause they filmed X in NZ during covid. And during that, Ti West wrote Pearl, and the Avatar crew was also there on a break, so they were the people who made the movie with him. I think he even said he was surprised at how fast A24 Greenlit the whole thing. "You got a movie to shoot and a cast and crew who doesnt need to do any quarantine? Fire it up"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I think they are all supposed to have their own style that they are playing off of. Texas Chainsaw Massacre for X, Technicolor-era movies for Pearl (only with the fucked up twist, obviously).

Pearl is always interesting to me, even though it is definitely a worse movie than X, its just neat that it was mostly made cause they filmed X in NZ during covid. And during that, Ti West wrote Pearl, and the Avatar crew was also there on a break, so they were the people who made the movie with him. I think he even said he was surprised at how fast A24 Greenlit the whole thing. "You got a movie to shoot and a cast and crew who doesnt need to do any quarantine? Fire it up"
I definitely enjoyed Pearl and they nailed it in the same ways that the successful episodes of WandaVision did. Or at least the episodes I liked. Had no idea about the backstory of it being made, pretty cool. Looking forward to Maxxxine more now.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Just finished X and Pearl. X was the better movie. Pearl was good but different style. X had some really good scenes and compositing or layering of events. Somewhat heavy handed but I liked it. Pearl seemed like an excuse to have Mia Goth carry a solo film and give her writing credits. Her monologue in it wasn't bad but fake country accents get on my nerves (see above). That chick must have issues though. It at least gives some perspective to the character in X, not at all required viewing unless you want to see the whole trilogy.

One of the last scenes of Pearl, her chasing the other chick with the axe, was really cool.

Then all I could see in the closing credits was Windowlicker by Aphex Twin.

View attachment 523945View attachment 523953
That's a pretty great song and fucked up video. I haven't watched it in eons.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users