Mayor of Kingstown

spronk

FPS noob
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Mayor of Kingstown

Genre: Drama

First aired: 2021-11-14

Creator: Hugh Dillon, Taylor Sheridan

Cast: Jeremy Renner, Dianne Wiest, Kyle Chandler, Emma Laird, Derek Webster, Taylor Handley, Pha'rez Lass, Hugh Dillon, Tobi Bamtefa

Overview: Set in a small Michigan town where the only industry remaining are federal, state, and private prisons, the story follows the McClusky family, the power brokers between the police, criminals, inmates, prison guards and politicians, in a city completely dependent on prisons and the prisoners they contain.

spronk

FPS noob
the writer/showrunner is Taylor Sheridan, who was an actor in season 1 of Sons of Anarchy but went on to write and/or direct some great movies like Sicario, Wind River, Hell or High Water, and he was also the writer/showrunner/director for Yellowstone the TV show (starring Kevin Costner).

A show starring guys being good and evil with nuanced performances dealing with "important shit"? Thats like a unicorn in todays TV landscape. It does heavily focus on the industrial prison complex, but then again, so did Oz (never watched it, seemed too gay)

It does star Jeremy Renner who I am not a big fan of but it'll be interesting to see him in this and then Hawkeye on Disney+ a month later.

10 episodes, 1 per week. I don't even know how to access Paramount+, maybe I already have it, but i'll probably just torrent it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
the writer/showrunner is Taylor Sheridan, who was an actor in season 1 of Sons of Anarchy but went on to write and/or direct some great movies like Sicario, Wind River, Hell or High Water, and he was also the writer/showrunner/director for Yellowstone the TV show (starring Kevin Costner).
oh yes, now i remember him in soa, he was the moral deputy, him leaving is probably when soa went to total shit

spronk

FPS noob
damn this show getting savaged in critics ratings, wonder if it has too many white people or just plain sucks

1637099630481.png

it is high audience, low critic so thats pretty suspicious to begin with but then again Eternals was low critic, high audience too so I don't know what to think anymore

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Watched the first few episodes and am enjoying it so far. Its a good slow burn.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
it looked really good. id guess the neg reviews are because its a white centric show

Animosity

This is really good. The ending of episode 3 was gruesome. If you like Yellowstone, youll like this.

• 1Like

Animosity

Season finale was pretty nuts. Everyone is sleeping on this show. If you watch Yellowstone and not this you’re missing out.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I was told by a fan of Yellowstone it's too dark for them. It's true it's not the same show.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Finished it last night - I would say 8/10.

Not great by TV great (Wire, Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul) standards but great compared to most shows that are on right now.

The only thing I would criticise, making his mother a teacher and having her teach about colonial history, slavery etc seemed like an excuse to fit in the social justice stuff and comment further on ideas such as systemic racism etc. The question is whether her purpose is to teach her students or lecture the audience

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
damn this show getting savaged in critics ratings, wonder if it has too many white people or just plain sucks

View attachment 382751

it is high audience, low critic so thats pretty suspicious to begin with but then again Eternals was low critic, high audience too so I don't know what to think anymore

Every SHIT SJW show/movie on Rotten Tomatoes is high critic and low audience, but you're suggesting low critic high audience is suspicious? LOL why?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Every SHIT SJW show/movie on Rotten Tomatoes is high critic and low audience, but you're suggesting low critic high audience is suspicious? LOL why?

lmao typical spronk spronk nonsense post, possibly a contender for most spronk spronk like nonsense yet.

The show is literally about a prison and the white supremacists vs Latinos vs blacks prison gang dynamic with both black prison guards and black cops, including in leadership positions. The prison governor is black, there's a senior black police guy. The whole show deals with "systemic racism, corruption and inequality"

Animosity

Finished it last night - I would say 8/10.

Not great by TV great (Wire, Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul) standards but great compared to most shows that are on right now.

The only thing I would criticise, making his mother a teacher and having her teach about colonial history, slavery etc seemed like an excuse to fit in the social justice stuff and comment further on ideas such as systemic racism etc. The question is whether her purpose is to teach her students or lecture the audience
Thats such a lazy analysis. Shes about prison reform and helping people get an education and hopefully get out of prison. Not contribute to it like her sons do.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Thats such a lazy analysis. Shes about prison reform and helping people get an education and hopefully get out of prison. Not contribute to it like her sons do.

There are infinitely more useful subjects to be teaching inmates. It's the old adage - what use are Gender Studies degrees in the real world, not that is what she is teaching but it's not far off.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
oh yes, now i remember him in soa, he was the moral deputy, him leaving is probably when soa went to total shit
Taylor Sheridan is top shelf. Look at his work as writer/director.

• 1Like
TV show information provided by The Movie Database