McGregor vs Mayweather - Aug 26

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I don't understand the appeal of this fight (except for the people making money). Does anyone actually think McGregor can win? It's just going to be standard boxing rules, right?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
All marketing bullshit spin until the two of them are in the ring.

• 1Like

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I don't understand the appeal of this fight (except for the people making money). Does anyone actually think McGregor can win? It's just going to be standard boxing rules, right?
I would definitely give Mayweather the advantage here but McGregor always has a puncher's chance here. Mayweather is also over 40 years old at this point and hasn't fought in 2 years.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'll definitely be watching. I'm going to be in Cancun that weekend. Should be able to catch this there at the bars.

• 2Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Conor should at least make the fight interesting due to over confidence but if he makes a huge payday here he may never return to MMA which would suck hard.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The Jews at the UFC are probably taking the lions share from Conor so I wouldn't worry about it being his last payday.

Hope it happens and hope they can get the hype going again. It feels like there is a lull in the interest. The pulse on social media and the forums has been mostly negative, but that might speak to how its already been discussed to death and people are bored now. I think it also speaks to Conor's lack of fight activity. No Conor KO's fresh on peoples minds. Fighting is a "what have you done lately" atmosphere. His star may not as bright as it was last year.

At one point 5 million buys was a sure thing, now I am not so sure. They may have blown their wad after the New Year.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Shano

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeah Conor has put up a couple posts in past few days that's been pretty lol. I will definitely be watching, but not because I think it's gonna be a great fight or anything. Just like I said in the mma thread:

I think the Mayweather / McGregor is a win/win for everyone (well except for UFC LW's). Like Ameraves said the build up should fun when it's all signed and official and then we get to see McGregor get clowned in the ring. Or it would be super hilarious if McG actually beat him by KO or something and gave Mayweather his only loss by a fighter who's never professionally boxed or even amatuer boxed, much lulz would be had everywhere. Like I said win/win for everyone!

• 2Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Or it would be super hilarious if McG actually beat him by KO or something and gave Mayweather his only loss by a fighter who's never professionally boxed or even amatuer boxed, much lulz would be had everywhere. Like I said win/win for everyone!

Mayweather will literally turn around and sprint from rope to fucking rope if it comes to it.

He will not lose to a nobody and ruin the best legacy in history. Its just not fucking happening lol. It will not happen. I'll bet everything I own.

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I can't believe this is actually going to happen. I would hope so badly for Conor to just KO him, but there is just no chance.

I think it is going to be a boring ass fight, or maybe Conor gets punked quick.

Edit: I hope if nothing else they have a bunch of press conferences together so we can hear all the shit talking

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Mayweather fights are boring as fuck, but he's probably the best defensive/technical boxer I've ever seen. I think McGregor is going to look silly. One-punch manning UFC fighters is a whole 'nother game from an actual, professional boxer - not to mention one of the greatest ever.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Shano

Haha yeah I don't think so either. I still think it would be hilarious if some crazy fluke like that happened though!

edit: jayrebb jayrebb btw. Forgot to quote

• 2Like

Shano

Not to mention the gloves are a lot thicker than mma gloves. I don't see a dude who's never professionally boxed knocking out Mayweather.

edit: Kirun Kirun , keep messing up quotes over here

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Ryanz

<Banned>
I've doubted Conor all through the UFC and was wrong. I won't do it again, even if the concept of him winning this fight seems impossible.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I will happily spend the money on the PPV for that .0001% that Conor knocks that piece of shit human being the fuck out!

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I hate boxing, can't watch it. This fight I will watch.

I don't even know which one I hate worse to root against.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Goatface

McGregor is currently +700 to win, while Mayweather is going off as a prohibitive favorite -1100.

lot higher than i thought, figured Conner would be under +500

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
McGregor is going to get wrekt. But I will be watching for the off chance McGregor gets pissed and lays into Mayweather with some knees and elbows.

• 2Like