McMillion$ (HBO Documentary)

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Vote
Title: McMillion$

Genre: Documentary

First aired: 2020-02-03

Overview: A detailed account of the McDonald's Monopoly game scam during the 1990s as told by the participants in the case, including the prizewinners and the FBI agents who caught the security officer who orchestrated the entire scheme.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Holy shit, this is great so far. Only in first episode. The main FBI guy they are interviewing is hilarious, cracking me up.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
No wonder I could never get boardwalk!!

• 2Solidarity

Cybsled

When I was a kid in the 80s, I had all scrabble letters for the 100k prize except 1. Some kid I was friends with had it, but his mom wouldn’t let me take it. I remember thinking about trying to “borrow” it, but they hid it lol

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

When I was a kid in the 80s, I had all scrabble letters for the 100k prize except 1. Some kid I was friends with had it, but his mom wouldn’t let me take it. I remember thinking about trying to “borrow” it, but they hid it lol

You're probably remembering wrong, because anybody who wouldn't even at least talk to your parents about splitting the 100k doesn't live on planet earth.

The first episode of this documentary is amazing. The main FBI agent is hysterical, he had me cracking up within one minute of the first episode, but practically everyone in this documentary is funny and the story is really interesting.

• 2Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I remember working for McDs in those times 86-88?. We used to get tons of those tickets as employees, we just used to take them, lol. Whole bunch of free shit I used to hand out to my buddies. Never won anything of value though. Later I got fired for burning down the trash compactor...don't ask.

• 1Worf

Khane

Oh like we aren't going to ask. Fuck you. Now you have to tell us.

• 1Worf

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So the trash compactor was broken for a whole Saturday. so when it got fixed the manager told me and some other schlep to go out and compact the days garbage. So were there compacting the shit, bag by bag and all of a sudden I see Schlep light up a McDs cup on fire and throw it in there. I'm like WTF you doing?

So were still compacting, compacting some more, then I see the ram go back about to throw another bag in when I see fucking 6 foot flames shoot out! So were like holy shit! Luckily there was a hose there so we started dousing the shit, even from the top where the lid was. We saw some smoke but it seemed like it was out. We compacted the rest of the shit and went home.

Later that night, about 2 AM I hear a phone call. My pops answers and he says something like some fire happened at McDonalds and the police want to talk to you. Anyway, the shelep rat fink ratted on us. It seems like at the time we put it out but it was still smoldering and it caught back on fire later. All he had to do is say I don't know wtf happened we didn't do shit. But the fucker rattred us both out. They told me a whole bunch of bullshit how I was gonna have to pay for the fire dept and all that but it never happened. Sad thing is I got fired and Shlep got to keep his job, when he was the one that threw the lit cup in. Anyway I was a dick back in them days so they just assumed I did it.

We also had a drive through scam that netted us $ hundreds of dollars over the years. Not my idea but I partook, I don't think they ever found out.

• 1Like

Maul

Dental Dammer
I worked in McDonalds in the mid 90s, was the most fun I ever had at work, I remember once a guy came around the side and into the back staging area and skidded over smashing his head onto the bun rack, then started convulsing on the floor, lol stupid fuck he was. I lost a blister I got from the toaster in a rack of fries also.

Fuck that was a fun job, must have given away thousands in free food to mates too.

• 3Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 3 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I worked in McDonalds in the mid 90s, was the most fun I ever had at work, I remember once a guy came around the side and into the back staging area and skidded over smashing his head onto the bun rack, then started convulsing on the floor, lol stupid fuck he was. I lost a blister I got from the toaster in a rack of fries also.

Fuck that was a fun job, must have given away thousands in free food to mates too.

It was also an ever revolving door of hot babes (well some hot ones, some doggos) that worked there too.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Maul

Dental Dammer
It was also an ever revolving door of hot babes (well some hot ones, some doggos) that worked there too.
Yep, really was a great job at 16, I think I was on £8.50 an hour too working airside at the Airport. Stank of fat after a shift though and it literally ate through the soles of my shoes. I still can't eat there to this day after seeing all the shit that went on, finger blasting in the freezers then making Bigmacs.

• 2Worf
  • 1Barf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

You're probably remembering wrong, because anybody who wouldn't even at least talk to your parents about splitting the 100k doesn't live on planet earth.
Maybe, I was 7 at the time. I recall telling my parents and they prob thought I was mistaken. I asked later about the letter and the family wanted my letters then claimed to have lost theirs. Although that family was...unique. Lead paint in action, literally. Kid I was friends with once asked me if I wanted to melt Matchbox cars. I said sure. So he brings out a small sand pail and a gasoline container and his mom’s bic lighter. He literally fills the entire pail with gasoline. I tell him that will explode and he shouldn’t do it. He claims it is “water”, but I stepped way way back. He gets the lighter working, drops it, and a giant fireball goes up in his face. He ran into his house crying. I think that was the last time we hung out lol

• 1WTF
  • 1Worf

Alex

Still a Music Elitist

I have fond memories of my Steak N Shake days because of this. Restaurant biz yo. Sex and drugs.

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God

Caliane

This is on HBO btw. (so many services, you got to list what said thing is on, when posting about it imho.)

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
This is on HBO btw. (so many services, you got to list what said thing is on, when posting about it imho.)
TMDB has the network information. No reason the OP can't include it. I put in a request in the suggestions/improvements area.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
The companion podcast is pretty good also. Unless I missed it in the first TV episode the producers said every winner of $25,000 and above from 1989 - 2001 was involved? That’s crazy. Surely a few got through the cracks. Guess we’ll find out more. FBI guy is a nut case but cracks me up.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The companion podcast is pretty good also. Unless I missed it in the first TV episode the producers said every winner of $25,000 and above from 1989 - 2001 was involved? That’s crazy. Surely a few got through the cracks. Guess we’ll find out more. FBI guy is a nut case but cracks me up.
gonna check it out

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
This on Netflix or do I gotta' go look for it?

• 1Like
TV show information provided by The Movie Database