Mech Arena

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Came across this game today. Looks like it just launched. I'm only bothering to make a thread because I'm legit enjoying it. It's 5v5 MWO, simplified, on a phone. Can't comment on PTW obviously, so this is just a "first impression" type of thing.

Matches are pretty quick - 2 minutes. You have both death matches and capture point maps, you can chose what you play. You unlock mechs and weapons, and upgrade both. Looks like mechs can only have up to 2 weapons, but maybe there's something more that unlocks later.There are different mech "sizes" where "power" comes into play - weapons take different amounts of power to equip, and smaller mechs have less power. There are of course a few different currencies as is par for the course.

I play with my phone on my desk, using my pointer fingers, because I'm old and shit, and I have man thumbs. One finger moves your mech, the other uses your guns/abilities. So far I've seen standard projectile weapons, lasers, and missles. All mechs I've seen so far each have 1 ability (shield, jump, etc). As in any team game, if you work well together, you'll just stomp, but fortunately the matches are short enough that I've yet to feel trapped in a match. I'm also probably enjoying it because I'm doing fairly well - often getting two of the top 3 places (you can play with up to 5 mechs, depending upon your level, where when one dies, you can hop in another as long as the match is still going) and each mech is considered a different "life" for stats (kills, assists, etc).

Anyway, it's a fairly simple game, but I'm enjoying it quite a bit initially. Worth a DL if you like phone games, and MWO.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
It's OK but you do so well at the start because it seems to be bots you play with, not people.

Last edited:

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yes, but I don't count the start - that's almost all bots. Bots are actually at all levels of the game, and they get seriously annoyingly hard - more so than humans. You can tell how bot-filled your game is by how long it takes the matchmaker to start a game.

Regardless, still having fun!