Medieval Dynasty

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I was checking up on Bannelord progress and someone mentioned this as another medieval game that might be worth a try. Just released today so I think I am going to take a look at it. Early reviews are pretty good.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

its on gamepass.
I'm not sure how out of EA is working for that.

idk.. I love survival basebuilders... and particularly am interested in survival town builders. this SHOULD be a game that I'm looking for, along those Kenshi, bannerlord, kingdoms, etc lines. but man I was bored with this.

I don't know what kind of out of EA patch its had. it didnt feel that close to ready when I last played.
I will probably give it another shot at some point.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
On sale on steam. Someone talk me into it...
It's not bad, the dynasty part just doesn't pan out. You'll do everything there is to do by about year 8-9 probably. So yes you can go on to play another generation but it just looses some of its steam at that point to want to keep going.

I liked building up my own town which was for me the right amount of "laborious" I like those more grindy type survival games. I have played it through twice, once very early on and then again after there was more content. I have 276.4 hrs in the game, think my wife is even higher so if you like these type games it was certainly a decent choice.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
It's not bad, the dynasty part just doesn't pan out. You'll do everything there is to do by about year 8-9 probably. So yes you can go on to play another generation but it just looses some of its steam at that point to want to keep going.

I liked building up my own town which was for me the right amount of "laborious" I like those more grindy type survival games. I have played it through twice, once very early on and then again after there was more content. I have 276.4 hrs in the game, think my wife is even higher so if you like these type games it was certainly a decent choice.
I like automated kind of stuff. Automated patrol and repair routes in RTS, auto replant crops in age of empires, auto miners in satisfactory, etc. Plenty of that type of thing in here?
its still on Gamepass too.
I honestly don't even know what gamepass is.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I like automated kind of stuff. Automated patrol and repair routes in RTS, auto replant crops in age of empires, auto miners in satisfactory, etc. Plenty of that type of thing in here?

Yes and no, for building not at all. You ahve to do all the building, hauling logs, rocks, etc. But working the buildings can pretty much be done by the residents of your town. So early game its all you as it progresses you're setting up a more automated system.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Yes and no, for building not at all. You ahve to do all the building, hauling logs, rocks, etc. But working the buildings can pretty much be done by the residents of your town. So early game its all you as it progresses you're setting up a more automated system.
SOLD!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Microsoft gamepass. 10-15 bucks a month (whether you just want console/pc or both) for access to a large gradually changing library of games. Probably the single best deal there is.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

faille

Molten Core Raider
Microsoft gamepass. 10-15 bucks a month (whether you just want console/pc or both) for access to a large gradually changing library of games. Probably the single best deal there is.
and free 14 day trial as well? So could use that to try out this specific game

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Just finished this for $1 played AoE IV, Snow runner, and Expedition: rome probably 100hrs for a $1

Nemesis

Bridgeburner

I paid $1 over a year ago. I've redeemed PC gamepass through August of next year with rewards, about 2-3 mins/day

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I started a playthrough recently, having not played it much in the last year and they've done a nice job continuing to improve it.

There are still some things that could be rebalanced and thought out more to make it more interesting. Some examples:

- You have to babysit some of the villagers who inexplicably working painfully slowly. E.g. the retard working the pigsty can't seem to shovel the shit for two pigs on his own even though that is his one job all day long. Same thing for cooks. I am running two kitchens and they can't make pots of stew fast enough to feed the village? Doesn't make sense.

- There are a shitload of things that you can make to use or sell but very few of them seem to be compelling for either; they either have little or no impact on gameplay or are not particularly profitable. My big moneymaker is selling extra flax seeds.

I grew my village to a pretty good size operation at about 5-7 years. Not sure exactly how far in I am in right now but I stopped playing for a while because it was starting to feel a little tedious. Like the main thing I need to do day to day at this point is just keep cranking out houses.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I was able to get Gamepass for 3 years, for about $45 total.

It says it's expired, but you can buy cheap 3-month codes through Eneba, and activate them that way. I'll post the link, but no guarantee the prices are the same, but this is the general gist of how you go about it. edit - updated with proper link: 33-Month Microsoft Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Membership (New Subscribers Only) $45.40

Poop. Sorry, looks like Eneba/CDKeys may be out of cheap 3-month Xbox codes. This is a bragging post now, essentially...