Merc Elite: new MOBA

Vasconcellos_sl

shitlord
Havent found an entry regarding this game, so here it is.

It's a new style of MOBA, military SWAT squad style settings. Currently in beta testing.
It's web based and uses Unity.

Looks ok, not sure on gameplay (vs LoL) and how this will end up.

Golt_sl

shitlord
Seems kinda neat. Signed up, really curious to see what type of range of classes? there is going to be, and how large the matches will be too (5v5 or +/-)

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
If this does anything similar to what I've got mentally going on here I think this is a great step in the proper advancement of MOBAs in general and ESPECIALLY away from the stupid fucking cartoony League of Legends style going around the development circuit. Fuck that shit.

Looking forward to seeing how this plays out. I'm in.

Vasconcellos_sl

shitlord
Since you guys look interested, here are some closed beta keys.

Register here:http://www.mercelite.com/beta

Keys:
2QEN-4CZI-F44R
UZXL-Z6W7-N4ID
A3HY-C6BR-GQ7Q
7E5Y-DTK4-QM7V

Enjoy, and share the keys if you receive them, that's all I ask
smile.png

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Jesus I wish these bad companies would stop making these bad games.
MOBA's are actually pretty fun if you can get into it. They are great for some pick up and play action that can waste 30-55mins at a time. I finally got into Dawngate beta only to immediately uninstall it when i noticed it didnt support triple monitors
frown.png

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
MOBA's are actually pretty fun if you can get into it. They are great for some pick up and play action that can waste 30-55mins at a time. I finally got into Dawngate beta only to immediately uninstall it when i noticed it didnt support triple monitors
frown.png
I enjoy the genre.

I don't enjoy companies putting extremely little effort in to the genre to just cash out.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
frown.png
Sutekh is pretty well versed with MOBA's. He plays DoTA2 and is definitely knowledgeable on the game and genre in general. I think what he's trying to say, and I definitely fucking agree, is all the half assed unoriginal MOBA's being spewed out to try and cash in on an up and coming publicly accessible genre like Infinite Crisis, Dawngate and other shit like that. I've played DoTA since maybe 2004 or 5 so of course I'm a tad biased, but I'm honestly very open minded when it comes to shit like this and won't rabidly cling to my pet games for no reason but I've honestly never enjoyed another MOBA outside of DoTA/2 except a small stint with HoN. It just isn't the same.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Took 3rd key, tried for 10mins or so, played 2 games. First, it's definitely MOBA in the real sense of the term, it's not like dota or lol at all, it's more like bloodlines champions or stuff like that, only goal is to hold the points to tick the enemy tickets down.

Second balance looked absolutely awful. Some of the classes seem to have way more damage output than others with no apparent downsides. I tried recon and the shotgun+shield guy, recon was fairly decent but squishy and invis lasts like 2secs, shotgun guy was absolute trash since he has like no range and even with the shield activated and staying close to a rambo(machin gun guy) not in cover, he just killed me 1vs1 without losing more than half his health, which make 0 sense since he has like twice my range too.

It looked heavily pay to win from what I've seen too but I'm not sure how matching is done, there's a fuckton of shit to upgrade though and obviously it costs less if you pay(you gain more ressources with boosters and you can bypass some ressources with money). If they don't match you only with people with the same type of upgrades you'd wreck people easily with all the upgrades.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Took 3rd key, tried for 10mins or so, played 2 games. First, it's definitely MOBA in the real sense of the term, it's not like dota or lol at all, it's more like bloodlines champions or stuff like that, only goal is to hold the points to tick the enemy tickets down.

Second balance looked absolutely awful. Some of the classes seem to have way more damage output than others with no apparent downsides. I tried recon and the shotgun+shield guy, recon was fairly decent but squishy and invis lasts like 2secs, shotgun guy was absolute trash since he has like no range and even with the shield activated and staying close to a rambo(machin gun guy) not in cover, he just killed me 1vs1 without losing more than half his health, which make 0 sense since he has like twice my range too.

It looked heavily pay to win from what I've seen too but I'm not sure how matching is done, there's a fuckton of shit to upgrade though and obviously it costs less if you pay(you gain more ressources with boosters and you can bypass some ressources with money). If they don't match you only with people with the same type of upgrades you'd wreck people easily with all the upgrades.
I love the concept of this game, but fuck. This post didn't make me feel too good about it.

Balance is obviously up in the air because it's beta but I hate hearing that about pay to win shit. Taking away a huge skill factor in arguably one of the most genuinely skill based gaming genres.

C'est la vie. I'll stick around & see how it develops over time but I absolutely will not play if pay to win is a huge factor by release.