Metal Gear Rising: REVENGEANCE

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

an accordion_sl

shitlord
Shit, there's no thread for this? Coming out fairly soon, my most hyped game of 2013.

E3szC.jpg

Sean_sl

shitlord
Yeah, this is coming out next week. I got the demo of it with my Zone of the Enders HD Collection CE. The demo was fantastic and I am super excited for this game. It played smooth as silk once I got used to the controls and you can definitely tell it has that same level of awesomeness that Bayonetta had, go go Platinum Games.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
REVENGEANCE is one of those words that need to be written in all caps for full effect.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've been playing through Bayonetta again on a higher difficulty, and switching over to the MGR demo was a jarring experience to say the least. Raiden's mobility, at least in the demo, is horrible when you're used to how Bayonetta controls. I felt like he was sorely lacking in combos as well.

Other comments, less tainted by Bayonetta-bias: The demo froze my PS3 on a couple occasions. I don't like the L1+R-stick shit at all. Parry being on the same button as attack is off-putting at first, but I suppose I will get used to it.

Definitely going to be a rental for me, since I was only in it for Platinum Games to begin with. I'm not a fan of Metal Gear in the slightest.

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
I love Bayonetta, and I downloaded this demo last week...I agree with Vorph; its not worth the cash.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Demo for the 360 is out on Live. Anyone played it yet?
Played the demo waaay back in like October when it came with the Zone of Enders HD Collection. Absolutely loved it. The controls take some getting used to, but it's fun as hell once you get into it.

It's also kinda awkward at first since it feels a bit like Bayonetta (same developers), but there's no dodge and you have to rely on parrying. But once you get used to that it's golden.

I'm 4 missions into this one and so far I'm not sold on it. It doesn't help that I'm not really a big MGS fan or that I've played so much DMC leading up to it, making the controls and lack of dodge (other than the A+X parry move) in this one seem clunky. I'm sure it will be less frustrating the more I play and adjust to the controls.

Playing on hard for my first run through, and I hope I'm missing something, but the first boss battle was seriously tedious. Holding down the Ninja Run trigger while running up and down a street for 10 minutes hoping to get a few slashes in on the walkers legs before he leaps away can't be the way this battle was intended to be fought.