Metroid Dread

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Nice, just loaded the game up and got a "Rookie Mode Unlocked" message. Maybe I will play it again. Just not keen on doing a repeat of the slog that was Normal mode.
I did the Experiment monster boss and I gotta say despite it taking me about 10 attempts it was one of the most fun bosses I’ve ever played in any game.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I did the Experiment monster boss and I gotta say despite it taking me about 10 attempts it was one of the most fun bosses I’ve ever played in any game.

That's good, if they're gonna try to make Metroid into Hollow Knight, at least it should have some pretty solid boss fights.

IIRC there's one cut boss (water area, probably Draygon since you see its shadow in one room) and I was hoping they'd add it back in as a DLC but no luck yet.

Looks like beating the game also unlocked a boss rush mode, that could be a lot of fun.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
That's good, if they're gonna try to make Metroid into Hollow Knight, at least it should have some pretty solid boss fights.

IIRC there's one cut boss (water area, probably Draygon since you see its shadow in one room) and I was hoping they'd add it back in as a DLC but no luck yet.

Looks like beating the game also unlocked a boss rush mode, that could be a lot of fun.
Beat it on normal. I’m sorry. Metroidvania has been one of my favorite types of games and this felt tired and like yeah they did the souls or rogue-like design elements but not well enough. Last boss wasn’t too bad but I frankly had to google one ability he had and didn’t realize I was missing a very common counter. P3 was bullshit.

also am I wrong but this felt way harder than any other Metroid or castlevania I’d played. I guess I need to play hollow knight.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I fucked something up because I got 2 different power bomb modules and I still haven't actually gotten the power bombs.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I fucked something up because I got 2 different power bomb modules and I still haven't actually gotten the power bombs.

That's the worst, when you miss something. I remember MD being vaguer than the other games in the series.

Has anyone tried easy mode? Considered giving this a second runthrough to see if I like it more if it isn't such a brutal slog. All they really need to do is lower the damage output of bosses by half or so and it would be considerably more chill of a playthrough.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
That's the worst, when you miss something. I remember MD being vaguer than the other games in the series.

Has anyone tried easy mode? Considered giving this a second runthrough to see if I like it more if it isn't such a brutal slog. All they really need to do is lower the damage output of bosses by half or so and it would be considerably more chill of a playthrough.
I don't think I missed anything, I just think I was too fucking clever. The power bomb isn't until Hanubia, and right before the final boss.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider

There's really no difference between the two modes. Most of the deaths should still come from the stupid milisecond counterable robots, every other boss you can stop trying to kill it and farm whatever projectiles it lobs for hp/missiles with relative ease. I don't remember any of the bosses having more than a couple of moves to learn, and none were even remotely fatal.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
There's really no difference between the two modes. Most of the deaths should still come from the stupid milisecond counterable robots, every other boss you can stop trying to kill it and farm whatever projectiles it lobs for hp/missiles with relative ease. I don't remember any of the bosses having more than a couple of moves to learn, and none were even remotely fatal.
The robot that kills Quiet Robe got me a few times before I remembered that the A button existed.